Sign in to follow this  
V33DUB

Hanbdbrake light doesn't come on?

Hi all,

Searched and found lots for the light staying on but nothing for it NOT coming on. Lately, last few days I've noticed it dims slightly when first engaged but but it down to old electrics as after a few seconds of pulling the brake, it did light up fully, but today, parked - handbrake on - nothing??? The handbrake was definitely working as I was on a pretty steep hill and it held. Nothing feels different in the application of the brake. The only thing that might be worth mentioning is I did pull it up 'enthusiastically' lets say and it did click back down a notch. Any ideas? Cheers as always :wink:

hi

i would remove the center console and check the connection on the handbrake mechanism, there is a small metal spring clip that engages with the hand brake when pulled up with creates a circuit,you should be able to duplicate this by moving it with your finger,

Found the spring button thing... took the little unit out (just uncliped) and took apart. Cleaned the contacts. Re fitted. Job done!

Cheers volksworld13