Sign in to follow this  
4eyes2wheels

Coil Pack?

Why do I walways think of these things when I am not near the car?

Is my 1993 VR6 a coil pack or distributor model? Does the chassis number tell me? Or the engine code?

Why do I walways think of these things when I am not near the car?

Is my 1993 VR6 a coil pack or distributor model? Does the chassis number tell me? Or the engine code?

Mines a K '93 and has a coilpack.

Thanks - that sounds like a reasonable pointer. I'll stick me head under the bonnet before I order some new leads. Are they easy to change? (Bear in mind I'm a mechanical numpty . . )

Thanks - that sounds like a reasonable pointer. I'll stick me head under the bonnet before I order some new leads. Are they easy to change? (Bear in mind I'm a mechanical numpty . . )

Cant help you IF it is dizzy as i've never removed one - though cant imagine it being hard at all.

Coilpack - even a NUMPTY can do it :lol:

Firstly remove all the leads going into the coilpack and peel them back out of the engine plastic holders as you will need to remove the plastic. Unscrew the torx nuts and remove the plastics. You will then need an allen key or allen bit, as there are 4 allen bolts on each corner, they are quite long too.

:D

EDIT - or do you mean are HT leads easy to change. If so, yes just pull them off the coil pack, BUT you will need a HT lead removal tool to get the leads off the spark plugs.

Search for 'zero' on here, who sells them