Sign in to follow this  
lumphammer

blower resistor

It's pretty easy to replace... although it's probably not the resistor that's broken... :wink:

If your fans only work on the 4th speed, then it's the thermal resistor that's gone. If you do a search for "thermal AND resistor" you'll find a thread about it with full details on how to fix it... 8)

Just take the lower shelf off the passenger side and unplug it then unlip the rheostat from the fan housing, you can then see if its the thermal fuse or the resister itself

When I did mine I found that the previous owner had used a piece of wire instead of the fuse and almost melted the housing,resistor an all. :shock: I thought it was a new resitor pack for sure,but soldered a new fuse in and now working on all 4 speeds,easy fix if you can solder. :wink:

Here is the step by step process. :)

http://website.lineone.net/~quigger/heater.htm

When I did mine I found that the previous owner had used a piece of wire instead of the fuse and almost melted the housing,resistor an all. :shock: I thought it was a new resitor pack for sure,but soldered a new fuse in and now working on all 4 speeds,easy fix if you can solder. :wink:

Here is the step by step process. :)

http://website.lineone.net/~quigger/heater.htm

Corv6 i take my hat off to you, you are a god amongst insects (you saved me £71. 18p) thanx :D :D :D :D

Corv6 i take my hat off to you, you are a god amongst insects (you saved me £71. 18p) thanx

I think you'll find I am just another worker ant like yourself,feasting off the forum tree.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: