Sign in to follow this  
G Charged

Which wires for alarm central locking

ive used the search function but havent come to a definitive answer and am a little confused with this..

Changed part of the interior loom in my car as the red/yellow wire for locking was melted in my car, which i can only put down to faulty sigma alarm wiring(it was bad...half not even soldered..)

So im wiring in a new alarm, toad ai606, isit the positive trigger locking i need to use? (blue/red and grey/red on alarm side), and do these connect to the corrado red/yellow and red/black?

Also which wire do i use on the corrado wiring to connect up the auto closure?, (my old alarm would do this when pressing lock..and was irritating as i didnt want to close the windows everytime i locked the car)

ive used the search function but havent come to a definitive answer and am a little confused with this..

Changed part of the interior loom in my car as the red/yellow wire for locking was melted in my car, which i can only put down to faulty sigma alarm wiring(it was bad...half not even soldered..)

So im wiring in a new alarm, toad ai606, isit the positive trigger locking i need to use? (blue/red and grey/red on alarm side), and do these connect to the corrado red/yellow and red/black?

Also which wire do i use on the corrado wiring to connect up the auto closure?, (my old alarm would do this when pressing lock..and was irritating as i didnt want to close the windows everytime i locked the car)

You have two options.

1. Cut an splice into the existing car loom. Go to the Corrado Canada site (http://www.corrado-club.ca/), select resources, then select electrcal, then pick the year of your car and download the pdf. One of those pages is dedicated to the OEM alarm wiring. It makes the job of locating and sorting out leads much - MUCH clearer, but you have to be willing to label up as you go along before finishing the wiring, testing and then removing the labels. This gives you a logical way of messing with the loom.

2. Takes more time, but makes life much easier and safer. Find a second hand US OEM alarm system for a Corrado, complete with its bonnet sensor, horn and the plug and play section that fits brilliantly into the existing loom. It simply does not require one wire to be cut! Using this patch, you can then access - in one step - the feed for indicators, fuel cut out, ignition, door locks, headlamps, load relay and starter relay feed. If you piggy back off the OEM alarm, the trigger pin can then drive a relay for the Ai606 to fire. The Ai606 can also send one arming message to the OEM alarm to fire the indicators, parking lights, central locking control, fuel and ignition cut off . You dont have to splice into the door sensors, starter relay feed, etc. If the cat5 brain fails, you simply leave the oem system in place, and you still have an operational immobiliser/alarm which OBD1 and OBDII diagnostics can read. If the OEM system fails you can still piggy pack on the additional wiring to run the car from that additional 9" section of loom with all the right wires ready to go.

Where best to hang the horn? Not in the engine bay. Most make that mistake and then live with the impact of coolant overspill and heat deterioration. There is an alternative: unbolt the wing (it doesnt matter which), and you will find a hanger point on the inner wing which will house the horn, well out of harms way and very inaccessible even for a professional thief. There are holes in the vertical panel by the door, in the cockpit, which allow you to push the wires through into the inner wing area.