Sign in to follow this  
4eyes2wheels

Cheap headlight upgrade

On my motorbikes I often changed the headlight bulbs for Philips BlueVision Xenon items for a few quid. These did a great job of making a bike stand out in the traffic and also improved what I could see at night.

Question is, will they help improve the night vision from the fairly feeble standard headlights?

Uprated loom and bulbs. End of!

Someone willl no doubt say HID's but they're usually fitted illegally and end up blinding other road users.

Yeah better bulbs alone will give better results but you're always going to be restricted by the crappy standard loom so you really need the best of both worlds.

The loom will make the more worthwhile upgrade as it puts the volts/amps directly onto the lamps from th ebattery rather than the long way round upto the dash headlight switch and back to the headlights.

even standard lights are miles better.

If still not satisfied, then fit better headlight lamps.

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/download/file.php?id=61773&mode=view

My headlight loom bought from Kurzy on here note on the pic how whiter the lights are compared to the yellowish you get from the standard loom!

Wow - they're as pearly white as Simon Cowell's teeth :grin:

I should be getting my loom from Kurzy soon as well....no more candles in the dark :lol:

And i didnt change the bulbs either ive had the same bulbs in for 3 years now. What i may do in the coming weeks is make a box up for the relays so they are water tight through winter!

And i didnt change the bulbs either ive had the same bulbs in for 3 years now. What i may do in the coming weeks is make a box up for the relays so they are water tight through winter!

If you do please let us know what you use to make the box. I assume it has to be something small-ish and heat resistant...oh and waterproof too :D

I was thinking a small tupperware box with a few slots in it to allow the wires through will see though. Had no problems with it though touch wood!