Sign in to follow this  
DanVW

Powder Coated Borbet screwup...

Ok so... due to the postal strikes it took over a month for the replacement bolts and locking tool to arrive from Borbet UK :censored: so I went to trial fit the flat caps and found that the guy who powder coated the wheels has also powder coated the cap bolt holes.... :bad-words:

anyone have any bright ideas on how I can get this sorted? Can I use a Tap on Alloy Wheels? Or may be a dremal with a thin wire brush might clean the coating out but not damage the thread, I know I should take the wheels back to the powder coater but though I would get some opinons on here first as the guy is clearly a world class knob end to have done this in the first place and I just dont trust him after this!!

Cheers

Dan

Sorry about hanging up. Was trying to get out of the way of a police car in the middle of a traffic jam, and now I can't phone international numbers. :(

I'd try a thread cleaning tool, like the set I have from Halfords. But no idea where you'd get one in Amsterdam. I'd be very careful though. How much has he filled the hole in?

I've had this problem before, the first thing you need to do is get a drill the same size as the tapping drill, so if it's an M6 use a 5mm drill, M8 use a 6.8 drill etc. then drill out the hole again, then when you run a tap down it follows the same threads as before, do this and you should be fine. :D

Thanks Kip :) I dont have the right sized Tap yet.. My poor Dutch is letting me down again! But I will use a drill bit the same size as the bolts to clean the excess off the inside and I can hopefuly find a Tap the right size tomorrow and get these fuckers fitted on the weekend :clap:

Cheers

Dan