Sign in to follow this  
jgomma

Vr6 radiator fans not cooling properly

Hii i hope someone can help me with a problem i have with cooling.

My Vr6 has just had a new radiator fitted by myself as the old one was in a bad way, the car runs great when on the motorway but as soon as i drive through towns or stop in traffic it gets hot? up to around 110 degrees, and over if i dont put the heating on inside. i did some checks and noticed that satge 1 and 2 fans werent coming on, after reading up about this on the forum i've changed the rad sensor, now the fans come on but only for about 10 - 15 seconds then go off? it continues to go up to 110 and then the the extreme fan comes on of which isnt cooling the car at all,?

Any help would be great!!

Jules

Same thing happened to mine when i replaced the thermostat housing, my problem turned out to be the yellow temp sensor/sender on the thermosat housing, im not 100% saying its that but sounds similar to the prob i had

When you say 110 degrees is that water or oil. If its oil 110 is fine.

Water up to 110 but it will happily go over if i dont put the inside heating on, when i do it just stays at 110 even when the emegency fan is on.

thanks for repling

Same thing happened to mine when i replaced the thermostat housing, my problem turned out to be the yellow temp sensor/sender on the thermosat housing, im not 100% saying its that but sounds similar to the prob i had

thats wierd because i recently changed the thermo housing too, i got another yellow sensor out of another corrado but no difference, they could both be shagged i guess?

thanks for your response.

also did the fans not seem to want to stay on for long, ie stage 1 and 2?

Short the rad switch connector to see if circuit is live on both speeds if you haven't already done so too

wow im seeing loads of people having problems with there water temp. I have one as well. Mine Stage one doesnt come on at all. Its not a rad sensor though. Its something to do with the wiring.