Sign in to follow this  
mr.ots

Performance Car Magazine Article - May 1995

A friend of mine bought a copy of the May 95 edition of "Performance Car" from ebay for the article they ran on the Alfa Spider as he owned one at the time. As he looked through he noticed this article and gave the magazine to me. I wasn't sure if its been posted before so thought I would scan it and put it up.

Corrado Storm.jpg[/attachment:2uuum4rv]

I think the closing sentence couldn't be more true :notworthy:

That was a nice little find! It isnt yours in the pic then?

No not mine Rob, it's hard to tell from the scan but that one is an M reg, mine was on an N before the plate change. I wonder if anyone on here owns it?

No not mine Rob, it's hard to tell from the scan but that one is an M reg, mine was on an N before the plate change. I wonder if anyone on here owns it?[/quote:2lentsq3]

What's the chances the one in the pic has long since been butchered, ragged and reshaped by interfacing with something beside the road at speed? :(

No not mine Rob, it's hard to tell from the scan but that one is an M reg, mine was on an N before the plate change. I wonder if anyone on here owns it?

What's the chances the one in the pic has long since been butchered, ragged and reshaped by interfacing with something beside the road at speed? :([/quote:11g0whdr]

Well I just checked on the DVLA and the car was first registered on the 18/10/94 and has a current road fund licence so someone is still driving it. :clap:

Well I just checked on the DVLA and the car was first registered on the 18/10/94 and has a current road fund licence so someone is still driving it. :clap:

I stand corrected... :salute:

Such a shame it was killed because VW couldn't economically fit air con and air bags. We survived perfectly well without the former and although the latter do help they also make lots of low speed accidents in low value cars end up in a write off.

Ive read this one before & know the pic well. IMO it looks so clumsy...... ripe for some good coilies & ARBS!!

Good to read this again as ever getting very good press 8)

great find indeed!

I've email the pic to my mates who keep asking, ''so wtf is it then?' or 'why do you w##k all over that old banger' :lol:

I'll think it's time I 'against my better judgement' let them have a spin it in. That might answer a few Q's :norty:

Still can't get over how quick it is when you run her up to 3,000rpm in 2nd and then ROAR!!

Epic car and very deserving of above article! :notworthy:

great find indeed!

I've email the pic to my mates who keep asking, ''so wtf is it then?' or 'why do you w##k all over that old banger' :lol:

I'll think it's time I 'against my better judgement' let them have a spin it in. That might answer a few Q's :norty:

Still can't get over how quick it is when you run her up to 3,000rpm in 2nd and then ROAR!!

When your mates read the part where they compare it to an RS Cosworth they will probably realise just how good it really is. :D

great find indeed!

When your mates read the part where they compare it to an RS Cosworth they will probably realise just how good it really is. :D

Mmm.. Not convinced to be honest... Corrado is almost THE marmite car... Love it or hate it really... A large number of people I know simply can not understand why I have "an outdated heap" (their words ok) while other people love it and I have even had people knock on my door just to chat about my car before! Even my wife thinks I should get rid of it (not even due to the cost of running it)

Main thing is I love it!

I'm thinking the rear spoiler must've been broken when the above picture was taken.....

Judging by the amount of lock on the front wheels it wouldn't have needed to be going that fast to get it to cock it's rear.

If you used that much lock at 55+ mph (spoiler raise speed on late VR's) I suspect it would get a bit scary and do more than just cock it's rear wheel :shock: