Kev_VR6

New Cill Covers

you've been busy! carpets, seats and wheels look really well, good job.

noticed my windscreen rubber is lifted in one spot too... am hoping i dont find what you did :o

Thanks aide for the comments. I hope you don't find what I did too, that would be terrible :mad2:

Took the car out yesterday to get some good pics of it after giving it a good polish.

Let me know what youthink...

Book1.pdfPicture 117.jpg[/attachment:2cc57mm7]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfGetAttachment.jpg[/attachment:2cc57mm7]

ETKA Corrado.pdfPicture 144.jpg[/attachment:2cc57mm7]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfPicture 151.jpg[/attachment:2cc57mm7]

Corrado92.pdfPicture 152.jpg[/attachment:2cc57mm7]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfPicture 158.jpg[/attachment:2cc57mm7]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfPicture 179.jpg[/attachment:2cc57mm7]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPicture 182.jpg[/attachment:2cc57mm7]

Picture 181.jpg[/attachment:2cc57mm7]

some very good work on the carpets, sure you could get some business from off here?? alloys look great in anthracite very much oem+. keep up the good work.

Me and the missus head up woodhead pass and around the reservoir havnt seen it around but looks cool

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've not taken it up there before but it was such a good drive and the views are so nice I'll defo be going up there again soon. Give us a wave if you're passing

Finally got some coilovers,went for the KW V1s,from D&G.Transformed the car,feels great without being to harsh,just as many people on the forum have said.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf035.JPG[/attachment:4bih5nkp]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf036.JPG[/attachment:4bih5nkp]

037.JPG[/attachment:4bih5nkp]

Looks tons better lowered.

Looking great mate and a credit to all the time and effort your putting in.... wheels will look smart when they go on.. 8)

Looked cool as yesterday mate i think its pretty cool your dad having a MK1 golf too see you both at the next meet whenever that is

Very good progress Kev, Nice to see it in the metal yesterday :salute:

Cheers Kip it was great to meet you guys yesterday.

Thanks also for the jack :salute:

Looking great mate and a credit to all the time and effort your putting in.... wheels will look smart when they go on.. 8)

Thanks Andy. That means a lot. Had my fair share of problems but it's finally coming together.

Can't wait to get those wheels on and 1 or 2 other bits I've been buying 8) they'll move it up another level!

Long way to go before I'm rivalling you though :lol:

Looked cool as yesterday mate i think its pretty cool your dad having a MK1 golf too see you both at the next meet whenever that is

Nice one Jon it's getting there mate, slowly. Yeah I tried to get him to bring the mk1. Maybe next time

Thanks Andy. That means a lot. Had my fair share of problems but it's finally coming together.

Can't wait to get those wheels on and 1 or 2 other bits I've been buying 8) they'll move it up another level!

Long way to go before I'm rivalling you though :lol:[/quote:2qh2btdt]

your going in the right direction mate, nice car.. :clap:

Just bought a pair of brand new, still packaged roof strips as mine were letting the car down slightly - looked ok on the surface but were worn badly underneath.

Here's a pic of the new ones...

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfPicture 317.jpg[/attachment:1dg4tszh]

Picture 318.jpg[/attachment:1dg4tszh]

Also bought a newly refurbed rear beam off a mate who no longer needed it.

It's had new bushes and been blasted, powder coated and painted in silver and came with the brackets to fix on with - all for £100 - he never even fitted it to his car. It was a very lucky find.

Here's a pic of it all...

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPicture 319.jpg[/attachment:1dg4tszh]

I've bought new bolts also as I can't bring myself to put new parts on with old rusty bolts

I'll take some more pics of it when it's getting put on - in the mean time I'm gonna have to source a bentley manual

Cheers

Kev

wow - £100 for that rear beam!!!

top draw progress pal, greatto see the 'rado getting the attention :D

Cheers mate,

Bout time I found a bargain. Just adding up over the weekend and turns out the car has cost me £9500 so far including purchase price but not including insurance tax/MOT or fuel...only owned it 14 months...

It's really starting to look the part now though and I've got 1 or 2 more bits n pieces on the way very soon

Nice additions fella, are you going to go 288mm front brakes one day i would highly recommend them. Keep up the good work

Car looks good when I was following you on the mini convoy to the yourkshire meet (I was in the 1 series). Loving the low stance look. Makes mine looks like a 4x4 :)

That rear beam looks so shiny :) and what a bargain!!!

Nice additions fella, are you going to go 288mm front brakes one day i would highly recommend them. Keep up the good work

Thanks Jon lad. Yeah 288s are tempting - I was thinking 312s for when I eventually put my new wheels on but that means no longer able to use the speedlines and that would be a shame as the car looks so good on them now they're darker 8) (just in my opinion) so 288s and braded hoses perhaps as another alternative :shrug:

Car looks good when I was following you on the mini convoy to the yourkshire meet (I was in the 1 series). Loving the low stance look. Makes mine looks like a 4x4 :)

That rear beam looks so shiny :) and what a bargain!!!

Thanks man yeah I remember you and your 1 series. Nice car but you'll have to leave it at home next time and come in the rado :norty:

I'm really liking the stance at the moment but I think I can afford another 10mm or so drop at the front so might give it a try this weekend. Still trial and error at the moment - I'll get it aligned once I've got beam, exhaust and wheels on.

As for the beam, I just happened to mention to a lad I know that I was looking out for a rear beam at the Leeds show and his mate overheard me and offered me his for a ton - all cleaned up and painted ready to go on. He was selling it coz he's recently changed his mind about the look he wants. Shame he's not on here - his car is unbelievable.

Tried my new wheels on last week just to see what they looked like on the car. I was so impressed with them I couldnt resist taking it out to get some pictures :)

These are the 17" BBS RXiis I bought off Andy (C5 OEM) a couple of months ago.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfPicture 330.jpg[/attachment:1uhaakev]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfPicture 325.jpg[/attachment:1uhaakev]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPicture 326.jpg[/attachment:1uhaakev]

Picture 328.jpg[/attachment:1uhaakev]

Let me know what you thimk...

Cheers,

Kev

Looks stunning! Love the rims and the paint looks super fresh!

Cheers mate they do suit the car I think. Back on the speedlines again though till after winter now.

The car was in need of a wash on these pics. Think the brightness of the sun helped me out there lol

Hi everyone!

Just a quick update with some pics of some new parts Ive been sourcing over the past few weeks and months...

I've been preparing the car for the new rear beam I bought off a mate last summer.

Got it up on the axle stands and got everyting off ready for cleaning - beam, exhaust and heat shields.

Underneath wasn't in bad nick - just in need of a good scrub down. I found Halfords Gunk, an old toothbrush and about 10 hours scrubbing seemed to do the trick

Here's one my dad took of me hard at work...

1) me under car

I've finally got round to replacing the rear brake back plates too. I couldn't put that new shiny beam on and bolt those rusty ones to it lol. Ive gone for aqua blue to match the car as the standard (thin layer of) black paint wasn't up to much.

2) old / new back plates

Here are a couple of the underneath as it looks now...

3) under car & exhaust tunnel

Apart from the tank looking a little scuffed and worn, it's come up pretty good I think

4) tank & toothbrush

See, I wasn't joking about the toothbrush :-)

This next lot cost me over £150...Unbelievable really!

5) bolts, clips & brackets

Brake disk back plates, brake regulator, rear hoses, bolts, clips and brackets for various things

Here is one of the new brake regulator in place

6) beam & brake regulator

And last but not least, the icing on the cake, a highly polished (about 15 hours worth) Magnex exhaust ready to go on.

7) exhaust

More to follow soon when it starts to be put back together...

Hope you like so far.

Comments always welcome.

Cheers,

Kev