Sign in to follow this  
vr6 guru

ABS Disaster!!!!!!!!!!

Hello guys just a quick one, I have had my corrado about 4 months and its been completely trouble free the abs light pinged on twice in this time but soon went back out. A couple of weeks ago when speeding up the car produced a system such of inbalanced wheels up front vibing back through the steering wheel, checked things over and looked ok. Over the last couple of weeks it happened twice more...

On the way across to the edition meet this week and the it happened again big time and I mean BIG TIME.. almost as if the car had one triangular wheel... a burning smell came over the car and I pulled over and the drivers the disk was glowing. Im not sure if this is an ABS failure or is the calipers are prone to sticking.... but I would have thought not this badly? Any clue guys drop me a line...

Yeah sounds like the calipers knackered and is sticking on most probably the sliding pins in the caliper have sieze, although you'd be wise to check your hoses to as these have been known in the past to cause brakes to stick on on the rare occasion!