Sign in to follow this  
turlock

Steering shake at motorway speed

Right so fitted so BBS rims to my G60 which required 5mm wheel spacers.

I've had the wheels balanced but I'm still getting vibration on the wheel at about 60mph

Any ideas, do I need to get myself some hubcentric spacers?

5mm spacers would not cause any issues unless the nuts aren't tight. I'd get the wheel balance checked again. Failing that it'll be a flatspot on the wheels (which should have been picked up when balanced) or possibly in true c-style... Something more costly.

Thanks, bushes and everything seem fine but I haven't had tracking done yet so I'll give that a go and take it from there :)

Thanks, bushes and everything seem fine but I haven't had tracking done yet so I'll give that a go and take it from there :)

caaachiiiiing!!!!! £££

Get tracking done first mate, see how it goes after that?

5mm spacers would not cause any issues unless the nuts aren't tight. I'd get the wheel balance checked again. Failing that it'll be a flatspot on the wheels (which should have been picked up when balanced) or possibly in true c-style... Something more costly.

I dunno 5mm is quite a bit - surely they should be hubcentric??

Right actually just thinking that this didn't happen on my old wheels so it must be the spacers

What spacers do everyone else use on their G60's?

Loosten your wheel off and then centre it by eye, sometimes spacers need a nudge with a screwdriver too.

See where that gets you first.

Thanks for that tip, seems to have helped a good bit :D

I'll get out for another proper spin without buckets of rain and gale force winds soon and let you know for sure!

I reseated my front spacers, whitch are 8mm on the front and non-hubcentric, before they the wheel would wobble at motor-way speeds but now there fine, usually as you tighten them on there drop down and cause the balance to be un-even, even a mil out when the wheels rotating that fast it causes problems, easier to just buy some 10mm hub-centric TBF.

Im 99% sure the spacers are causing this and it is becasue they are not hubcentric. I know as Ive been there and got the t-shirt. You can get hubcentric 5mm spacers, I have a set (Eibach). Always use hubcentric.

Im 99% sure the spacers are causing this and it is becasue they are not hubcentric. I know as Ive been there and got the t-shirt. You can get hubcentric 5mm spacers, I have a set (Eibach). Always use hubcentric.

Where did you get the 5mm hubcentric spacers from mate?

Yeah but is that direct from Eibach? I looked on Europerformance website and they sell Eibach but not 5mm as hubcentric.

Trying hard not to sound like an ass but you know who sells them, pick up the phone?

Trying hard not to sound like an ass but you know who sells them, pick up the phone?

:lol: fair enough mate. Just wanted to know if it was direct from Eibach or not! :tongue: