Sign in to follow this  
dan

speaker cover removal?

Hi all,

I just got one of those radar/laser detectors (Snooper S5-R) & I wan't to 'hard wire' it into the C. I think the best place to bring the cable out to the unit from is through the centre speaker/tweeter in the centre of the dash.

What I want to know is ...does anyone know how do I remove the speaker/tweeter cover. I'm ok with removing the centre console just not sure about the little cover. I gave it a little tug but it did not come out so I don't want to force it too much ...just in case

I'll be back to check here this evening

Thanks in advance

Dan

I got it!

I found out that when you remove the two windscreen vents (just lift out) the little centre speaker cover fixings are exposed.

The vents hide two little push-in fixings that hold the speaker cover in place. When I removed these I found out that there is nothing underneath ...the cover is just for show (crafty Germans)

Anyway I got my Snooper fitted & hard-wired nice & neat. The LCD display on the unit is green so matches the rest of the interior lighting.

Well pleased ...time now to find some radars...

Dan

Have you got a photo of it all finished. Would be interested to see what it looks like.

THanks.

I don't as yet but, I'll try & sort some out this weekend

Dan