Sign in to follow this  
kentyboy

early valver clutch cylinders

can anybody throw some light on my problem..i have a suspect clutch cylinder gone..so to resolve the problem i have tried to order both master and slave cylinders,only to be told that gsf do not list the master one and euro's supplier have stopped making them! but upon investigation i think that they are the same as the mk2 16v golf..there are loads of these still on the road,so surely this cannot be right.... :(

golf doesn't have a hydraulic clutch, but it is the same as a passat part, GSF can be rubbish at identifying items that are fitted to other VW models.

i just checked the euro website and cross referenced corrado against 16v mk2 golf and they state hydraulic clutch with same part numbers...shall try the passat to see what it comes up with...

yep as suspected,1990 passat,golf and corrado all have the same part nos.....surely they havent stopped producing for all these models!!!! shall be giving euro a call in morning

Eurocarparts sell then - they are an ATE supplier but why not just buy from VW?

GSF also used to do them - really don't know what the problem is, the slave is a fairly generic MK3 Golf / Passat part!

as i put in my previous post gsf told me that they do not list the master cylinder,euro say that their supplier does not produce them anymore..but i can cross reference it to other models,have not had chance to get to my local vw dealer yet to compare prices and availability....

yay!!! at last... :D spoke to hayes branch of euro car parts about the master cylinder,they fell about laughing when i told them that slough branch had told me that the cylinder was no longer available...it cross references to at least two other models and head branch at wembley had a rake of them on the shelf...fe##ing idiots at slough need some product training me thinks..or the lazy bast##ds need sacking for being useless at sales.....any way,new parts ordered :tongue: should have the old gal up and running very shortly..... :clap: