Sign in to follow this  
4eyes2wheels

Early or Late?

I often see the question "early or late" or things like "early exhaust needed" and I wonder is my 1993 VR6 considered early or late?

late, 92 is the divide and where it gets more complicated.

91 to 92 to be precise... like my car :brickwall:

try this out, it kinda explains things for you

Corrado appearance history.doc[/attachment:4t9gmp04]

Ive always wondered if my C was early or late. i have the VDU dials (which wasnt in my early valver) and the dash is black yet the rest of the trim is gray. I beleive the VDU and the black was later peices of the puzzles

The later dash instruments have orange needles. The later electric window switches are on the door pocket near the speaker instead of in the actual door card. The heater instrument on the later are 3 dials instead of a slider. Indicator and wiper stalks are rounded instead of square. There are other differences, but there's a few.

mine is a mixture of early and late, early interior which consists of square'r heater vents (also taller in the centre) then has a late bonnet and late hangers (exhaust)

Ive always wondered if my C was early or late. i have the VDU dials (which wasnt in my early valver) and the dash is black yet the rest of the trim is gray. I beleive the VDU and the black was later peices of the puzzles

VDO gauges were an option on all Corrados, although they changed shape later. Sounds like someone has replaced bits of trim, as it should be the same colour throughout the car (platinum grey, black or beige).

mine is a mixture of early and late, early interior which consists of square'r heater vents (also taller in the centre) then has a late bonnet and late hangers (exhaust)

same here, the best combo in my opinion.

the late dashboard reminds me of a mk3 golf :pukeright: