Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Hot brake/rim and squeak

Jake, not sure it would fit the Rado... had a look the other night and they'll defo go on my vRS, where they have the slots ready, but the Corrado ones were fitted differently :(

Sounds like yours need to be stripped down (new seals and boots) + new handbrake cables (at least these are quite cheap and easy to do). Think Biggred even sell the pistons, as well as the seals. VW also do the seals.

Jake, not sure it would fit the Rado... had a look the other night and they'll defo go on my vRS, where they have the slots ready, but the Corrado ones were fitted differently :(

right ok

Looking at the caliper on sunday there seams to be two holes where the handbrake conects to for it to fit in like the skodas

Will have a chat with Dave and Graham on friday to see if they can reconmend anything :D

If you want to give it a go, I've got a spare set on the way- only a couple of quid.

Ya that would be ace :D

it definitely sounds like your piston in your calliper it is not backing off, happened to me apart from mine was smooking hot :lol: yeah so i would try pushing the piston back and grease up under the seal if you can keep contining to do this, better if you had someone with you so they could press the peddle and you would be able to see the piston push out and more importantly retracting slightly. I just replaced a calliper on the front of my focus due to this as it has happened in the past and has occurred again, always worth trying the free option :)

Not sure when they'll arrive... will kep ya posted :)

Ok chears mate.

No rush any way

:notworthy: