Sign in to follow this  
rado dave

injector. vr6 swap to g60s

hey folks im after some much needed help if poss please. im looking for uprateded injector for my vr6 and iv been told that i should be able to use g60 injectors? i know they will fit the inlet mani/fuel rail but im not sure if the resistance is the same between the 2? or if the 20vt injectors will fit and are the same resistance as vr ones? i know that the g60's are 280cc and the 20vt's are 283cc both are perfect for what i need.

im not going for forced induction so dont need huge injector just slightly bigger ones, also sticking with stock managment for now thats why they need to be the same resistance.

thanx for any help with these questions

dave

Think I'm safe in saying the standard injectors will be more than adequate for any NA application.

What are your reasons for doing this and what are you trying to achieve?

been told if i use uprated injectors i can get the ecu remapped and do away with the maf mate. i really dont want say much more than that as i dont want give too much away.

If you remove the MAF, I think the ECU will run in limp mode, limp mode can be remapped but I very much doubt the engine will ever run as smooth again and its just asking for other running issues (i.e cold startup etc). Although this could explain the larger injectors being required, as its possible in limp mode that the ECU will run in batch mode instead of sequential which will reduce the maximum output of the standard injector.

I hope you've got a good reason for this as I recon it's likely to cause you a string of problems.

I might be wrong, these findings are just from personal experience and what I've read, would be interesting if anyone could confirm this, or even confirm I'm wrong.

I hope you've got a good reason for this as I recon it's likely to cause you a string of problems.

Ditto. The guys who are running Shrick manifolds and 263 cams are developing upwards of 220bhp without forced induction and without changing the injectors. There should be scope within the specs of the current injectors if you just need a slight increase, which should be enough unless you are going FI.