Sign in to follow this  
marcocorrado

I can't open my passenger door..... Atall

Right well i just went out for a quick drive into town with a mate in the car and he was happily enjoying his experience untill he found he couldnt get out. So i popped round to the passenger side to let him out using the outside handle and that didnt work either. He had to jump over in the end.

I have since tried the key in the door and the clifford fob and they both motor the locked indicator pin thing on top of the door card. It moves up and down but not with much enthusiasm but it does move. The internal handle feels the same wether the door is locked or not i.e moves freely and springs back.

I guess i cant get the door card off so im a bit stumped. hmmm

Any ideas. Im going to advertise the car soon so i would like to sort it asap.

cheers

so the problem is that the door pin goes up and instantaneously down? This happened to me once and I had to unplug the central locking pump (located in the boot, driver's side).

pls correct me if this isn't what is happening to you

i've had similar problem before and found a little lever inside the lock bit wasn't returning to its up position, so door would get the signal to unlock, the pin would move up and back down very slowly.

so the problem is that the door pin goes up and instantaneously down? This happened to me once and I had to unplug the central locking pump (located in the boot, driver's side).

pls correct me if this isn't what is happening to you

Sorry. I didnt explain the problems quite right. The door pin moves up and down exactly when it should, but i just cant open the door. How do i get into the door card to have a look lol

its hard to get the card off without damaging it.

you can pull the rubber strip and the plastic strip off the top of doorcard inside and out, and can experiment with the window up or down, or only halfway up etc.

thats how i got mine up, through that little gap with a torch and hooked bit of metal rod

The only way I can imagine of is:

-remove the door card of the door that actually works

-remove the door card of the dead one.

now, remove the door pin of the dead one, and introduce some kind of semi-hard metal wire and, by looking at the OK door, try to catch the door lever that opens the door...

sorry can't think of anything else.

or.... something I'll tell you by pm ;) as it's not a good idea to post it here

Well..... Its fixed itself. I think i may need to investigate while its working. I think the lock must not have moved far enough to unlock properly. Random

Cheers anyway guys. Nice