Sign in to follow this  
ray_vr6

clifford door pin led

Hi

I managed to break one of the clifford led door pins fitted to my 16v

I would like to take the oppurtunity to change both to be more like more the ones you see fitted to modern cars - I tried one I had spare - bought from maplins ages ago but it does not work - Does anyone know what are the requirements/spec are for replacing the original clifford ones?

I found this dummy one on eBay but not sure if it would work as a replacement for the original

Thanks in advance.

i think the original alarm indicator/flasher is a 3volt bulb not a led,the replacement led you have should work if you remove the inline resistor,if the led itself is not 12v.If you require any leds let us know as i have several including clifford originals.

Thanks for that - I connected the led I have directly to battery and it flashes so not sure if that is another reason it will not work with the alarm as that requires a solid light when the valet mode is selected on the alarm. Could not see any resistor so presume its built into housing.

If you are able to supply me with something resembling the dummy one above that would work as a direct replacement for the bulb one fitted at the moment I would be interested so if you could let me know including prices I would be grateful

Thanks again for reply