Sign in to follow this  
lycara

Anyone thinking of going the ph sunday service?

tbh im not gutted that this has happened it was just guna get out of hand

if we could sort something out with them where you could have a few of the members on here go then that would be great if they do try and do this again i would be more than up for goin as it would be good to see some rare/ lush vw and also cool to look around some of the nicer ph motors nsx, lambo etc :luvlove:

FFS - booked a hotel room for sat night too, great!

damn thats :censored: mate

will u be able to get all your money back?

Agree with Jim on this one. I've been a member on there for ages but rarely post (daimatt), but as the thread progressed I felt it was mainly people that were unhappy with a large amount of unannounced cars turning up. It's taken me a while but you get used the atmosphere and humour on there and I hope to break my PH meet cherry. But anyone on here who has met me knows I don't talk much so it could be an interesting meet :lol:

Sorry Jim but disagree having read the thread it smacks completely of "not in my backyard" :)

Initially I thought that but the more comments I read from folks who were just planning to turn up without being on the list, I could understand why they were getting concerned.

We'll wait and see how the re-announced one goes, and hell, I'll try and get to a different Sunday Service at some point and try it out. I feel there is a lot of snobbery there which is only natural given the cars and 'the internet' - but I think that they'd mostly be ok!

I can understand alot of the sentiments on the PH thread, look at how much the ED38 show has changed in such a short period (chavs), and the VW scene in general; lets face it many of the cars now have had no real love, blood, sweat and tears poured in, nor are they special in the first place... A slammed mk4 on 18" RCs and some colour coded bits of bodywork. Yawn. I'll always be more interested in the older VWs, the rarer more special models, or ones that have undergone heavy (mechanical) modification to make them something really special.

The last few shows I went to, I'll admit, I was soon bored of the row upon row of Golfs, with the exception of a handful, but, no not yours mate with the faux-leather trimmed head lights, tool kit, German number plate and boot full of neons and subs, but that scruffy ass Mk2 R32 DSG done in a garage in the evenings on the other hand, by a forklift driver from Kent, I'll have a good nosey round that one please.

The comments that did grate with me a bit though were the people saying that VW owners are too inept to organise thier own meets. If only they knew.