Sign in to follow this  
V33DUB

Slow Wipers & Rev issues. Poss Electric as well?

Right, I was certain my wiper motor was on the way out until I drove home tonight. Wipers did their usual, start off fine then get slower and slower stopping 3 or 4 inches from the proper park position. Usually using the spray function resets them to normal operation for so long, but tonight it didn't. Washer jets were very weak, just about getting water to the bottom of the screen after a few attempts.

I pulled up at some lights and the rev counter dropped to zero for a split second and then back up. I had my blowers on 3, my stereo on and headlights but they all seemed to be business as usual and no warning lights came on the dash. I turned everything but my lights off and as I pulled off it did it again but now I was at some kinda speed the speedo needle dropped as well as the rev counter. The engine didn't seem to loose revs though? Just the needle dropped.

I have noticed in the last couple of weeks the idle until warmed up was around 1000 rather than 750ish but put this down to cold weather. Even when warmed up though the revs seem to drop off before picking up when changing gear, some times pretty badly causing an acrobatic but never-the-less annoying bunny hop style pull off. Having a listen from the outside when I got home the exhaust was popping under a quick blip of the throttle while stationary. Don't think it used to?

I'm amusing its not the alternator because everything other than the wipers and this recent dash issue have been working fine.

Electrical issue somewhere? This may all be separate issues or one thing causing it all but I thought the more information the better?

A starting point or list of things to check would be brilliant people. Thanks in advance as always.

It's worth checking all the earths, especially the one under the dash. Not totally sure where it is, but I need to have a look at mine too, as my revs blip when the wipers are on intermittant, and my MFA 2 resets itself randomly... and very occasionally, the revs and speedo go backwards! :lol: