Sign in to follow this  
timthetinyhorse

Front engie mount.........fitting advice

i have my front mount to change this weekend but im unsure as to the correct method for changing it.....do i have to support the engine with a jack etc??

any advice would be greatly appreciated

cheers rob

Pretty easy on my vr. Undo the three bolts under the front to reveal the bottom of the mount. undo the large nut securing the mount. Jack up engine slightly to take the weight making sure its on something solid (not the sump) undo the top mount bolt from the top of engine bay and remove old mount. fitting is the reverse of removal as they say. 30 min job if you have all tools to hand. good luck :D

Not quite as simple on the 9A, as the fan bracket/cowling gets in the way of the top bolt on the mount. You just need to undo these to give you a few more mm room. The top bolt can also be very stubborn- had to use Irwin bolt grippers and a breaker bar to get one off. Still pretty simple though. Took 30 mins on my KR (more space to get a socket onto the top bolt), just under an hour on Swompy's 9A (could do it much quicker now!), because of all the faffing about.

" Took 30 mins on my KR (more space to get a socket onto the top bolt), just under an hour on Swompy's 9A (could do it much quicker now!), because of all the faffing about. " - And hopefully this will prove to be true on Saturday Andy!!

Fingers crossed,

Ian :D

" Took 30 mins on my KR (more space to get a socket onto the top bolt), just under an hour on Swompy's 9A (could do it much quicker now!), because of all the faffing about. " - And hopefully this will prove to be true on Saturday Andy!!

Fingers crossed,

Ian :D

Indeed! :)

What bar do you guys use to access the top mount nut? And where could i buy one? No hope of any of my tools reaching down there unless you undo it from underneath?

AJ