Sign in to follow this  
diarmaid16

Starting Problem

Hello all.

Im after a bit of help. My 16v starts first time every time its been left for a few hours but say if i stop for petrol and go to start it, nothing happens.

The ignition lights come on but thats all. After a lot of tries it eventually starts. Does anyone know what the problem is??

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

That will be a knackerd starter motor then, fine when its cold but not when hot. Something to do with part of the casing expanding/failing i believe. Had similer probs with mine, it would also reset my clocks etc etc.

Not that im aware off, but im sure that somebody on this forum might correct me, but £20 to £30 on a starter motor is a good bet it worked for me and apart from resetting my clocks it used set the alarm off after about 4hrs.?? New starter all fixed :D

You need to check for 12V down the red/back wire to the starter solenoid when the ignition switch is turned to crank.

12v = knackered starter solenoid

0v = ignition switch (or immobiliser issue)

Mine also has a problem when cold.....except mine turns over but wont start, when it does start it stalls straight away and wont hold the revs...........????.....any ideas