Sign in to follow this  
Philuk

Roofbox or not!?

now after going to shows for the past couple of years in the corrado and lumping 3 tents into it all the beer and clothes and food im debating on getting a roof rack and box for the corrado. i kno some people like em and some hate em but does anyone have any images of one with a roofbox on? ive seen pics with bars and other such items on and i personally dont think they look too insulting but anybody got any with a box on aswell?

(previous roofbar post!) viewtopic.php?f=17&t=76535&hilit=roofbox

and some pics i found on vortex forums.vwvortex.com/ zerothread?id=3882943

Doesn't matter whether people like them or not in my eyes, it's your car and it's purely a practical measure.

If you do get one, make sure you get a recessed one that have cutouts for the bars. This means they sit about 2-3 inches closer to the roof which aids fuel consumption and makes it look better.

I personally think they look pretty cool......in any event I would rather have a corrado with a roof box than a bloody estate every time......

Do it and post up some road trip pics !!

Not seen one but would think it would not suit the car. On the + side using the Corrado and a roof box is better than using an estate car

There used to be a Thule roof bar kit which fitted the Corrado (available in Halfords) but when I was in there a couple of weeks ago I couldn't find the Corrado in the index book for the kits anymore. You may need to contact Thule direct to find out which bits you need to buy.

As for the roofbox? Yeas absolutely if you need the space. The boot is poxy-small anyway so it makes total sense for those occasions like the one you describe. But make sure you get one of the carbon-fibre boxes to keep the cool factor, or get your box sprayed to match the bodywork or something :)

i can get thule through work. its because its not classed as one of the newer rapid fit i believe there called kits its a classic kit and comes to £190 when i searched for thule online. we dont really do much of the thule stuff anymore cause it wasnt a mint seller. but i can get the automaxi roofbars for about £55 i rekon lol

You can find original VW coorado specific roof bars for sale from time to time. I find these to be a better fit and look better imo.

Picture022.jpg

For all who are interested in the roof bar part numbers they are as follows according to my books at work.

Thule

950 footpack, 761 bars, 094 kit, 477 SRA adaptor (because its 3 door) , 596 locks. This is a traditional system so you can use the more stylish aero bars.

Automaxi

Supra 3 is everything you would need

Mont blanc don't list one!