Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Halfords Ratchet Spanners (Special Offer)..

Had to do some spannering today and as I lay under the Corrado with the incorrect sized ring spanner (missing my 13mm one for some reason) I realised that a ratchet spanner would be ideal for the job - and as Supercharged has been nagging me to get a set for ages, I stomped down to Halfords armed with my trade card.

When I got there however found they had on offer a 33 piece ratchet set for about £39 - reduced from £79.99. It's a bit of a cheeky name as it doesn't have 33 ratchet spanners.. more like about 13 of them and then an adaptor and some screw bits which take it up to the 33. Either way it's a bargain given that the individual ratchet spanners are about £11 - AND you get a lifetime warranty on them!

Well worth picking up. Various other offers on some other sets in there as well so worth a visit!

often fancied a set of these but couldn't justify the hefty tag, its one of those tools you'll not use much, but when you do it saves a whole bunch of time, may take a trip down there tomorrow , cheers

Nice one dude - should have been even cheaper with the trade card though!

Everyone should have a set of the flex-head ones - so useful!

Didn't get the flex-head ones.. didn't even think about em till after I left the store. Didn't think that trade discount would have applied to reduced items either - they told me that trade card discount will basically go against the normal retail price, so unless the trade discount was over 50%, would have worked out more expensive :(

As Jim says. The trade card gives discount against full price and when they have the mega sales on using the trade card doesn't make sense. Same as their 3 for 2 offers.

The spanners are very good. I had some for Christmas from my sister a few years back :)

You wanna get one of these mate too if you're feeling flush - perfect for the Corrado and so much better than that alloy piece of crap I bought from Machine Mart -

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... =ClickInfo

I've got a Machine Mart 2 tonne jack and tbh it's fine. I don't do enough work on my own cars to justify buying tonnes of tools to be honest.. as long as I've got a device for safely jacking the car up, without it crashing down on my head or something, I'm happy :)