Sign in to follow this  
liamsmith1987

HELP HELP NEEDED!!! COOLENT WATER GOES QUICK!!!!

Hello All Im New To The Site.

I Borought A VW Corrado 2.0 16V 1992 2 Days Ago.

The Problem I Have Is The Radiator Coolent Goes Quick. And When I Start Car First Thing The Coolent Gauge Is On Three Quaters And The Coolent Light Flashes. And Ther Is Also Water Coming In The Driver Side Floor.

The Is No Signs Of The Head Gasket Goin Cars Not Smokin No Oil In Water No Water In Oil.

Can Any Body Help Me Fix This Problem???????????????

Thanks

Liam

sounds like the heater matrix has gone if you have water in the car.

dash out and replace it. or to temp fix you need to disconnect the pipes going into the matrix ( on left of engine going into the bulkhead ) and replace with a loop of pipe to divert the coolant back into the block.

not an easy job to take the dash out but not a massive job ( a weekend will see it done and if you are handy with the tools then you could do it in the day ) there is a thread on here that explains how to do it.

Hi

The heating still works as normal and the water has gone dryed out from drivers footwell. So im not sure how it got soaked??

So im not to sure where the water is goin???

could it still be the heater matrix thats makin my car use loads of water cus im mre than sure the head gasket aint goin.

And iv also noticed the spoiler dont work.

And the window screen jets dont work???

Thanks

Liam

The heating still works as normal and the water has gone dryed out from drivers footwell. So im not sure how it got soaked??

could be split and on its way out. bypass the heater matrix inlet/outlet by putting the loop in the engine bay and see if the engine block holds the water level that way you can eliminate matrix as the leak. its also the easiest thing to do rather than dismantle dash.

And iv also noticed the spoiler dont work.

cant help with that could be several things

And the window screen jets dont work???

clean the jets out with a pin and make sure pump is working