Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

Pioneer autochanger

Just recently my autochanger has been playin up, wen im drivin along the cd will stop and then sometimes it will play again or most times it will just turn off, then wen i hit the "source" button it doesnt recognise the autochanger is there, so i have to pop out the cd holder and push it back in, then it recognises it. I've currently got it earthed where the botls for the rear arm-rest is not sure if this is a good earth, Anyone????

Rossco

That should be a good earth, I've got my amp earthed their as it's straight into the backbone of the chassis... :?

I take it you've sanded the paint off from around the screw you're earthing via? Other than that, I'd start checking that the main multi-cable between the head unit and the changer is secure at both ends and not damaged in between...

What make/model changer/head unit are you running? May jog someone's mind who's had similar problems...

I take it you've sanded the paint off from around the screw you're earthing via?

Ah now you see i always meant to do this but never got round to it :lol: Could thi dreally make all the difference?

I take it you've sanded the paint off from around the screw you're earthing via?

Ah now you see i always meant to do this but never got round to it :lol: Could thi dreally make all the difference?

Hell yes... :roll: :lol: Electricity don't flow thru most paints very well (if at all!) so you'll be loosing your earth which will switch off the auto-changer making the head unit loose contact with it...

Bit of sandpaper and a few minutes rubbing around the mount and see what happens... It may well cure it! 8)

winner plan Henny i think your gonna start bein my official mechanic, thats about 70 things you've helped me with since i joined the forum

but doesnt your changer have two wires that you say are earths? thats what martins has and i reckon one might be a remote on, that might muck it up, cause it aint connected right ???

i cant remeber if changers need a seperate remote on from the head unit, like amps do, or if its through the multi-pin connector?

My pioneer changer was doing just the same, so I checked the earth and went to the extremes of soldering it all up after attacking the earth with a dremel. Still not working properly :x , so then ripped all the cable out and checked all over and wrapped it all up in more insulation tape to give it extra protection, still not working. :evil: After much hair pulling, and checking of all the connections, I was on the verge of taking the changer to pieces I remembered that their was an inline fuse just after the headunit end of the cable, and sure enough, it was semi blown, and every now and then it would skip off causing all power to be lost to the changer. Would have been a two minute job if i'd remembered to check the obvious first. :oops:

Now any electrical prob my Corrado throws up i'm straight to the fuse box, unfortunately not all problems are that easy, but it stops you feeling a fool later tho! :)

well, funnily enough, we just found the problem, the changer is goosed :lol:

it musta been dropped at some point and buckled summat inside, cause every time its working, you slighty tap the multi pin connector and it cuts off. im gonna rip it open i tihnk :lol: see what i can see but im sure if anyone has a VERY VERY VERY cheap Pioneer autochanger to offer him in good working order, he might consider it :lol::lol::lol: