Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

What else would stop seats working?

Since i took my front seats out and put them in again, they worked for about a few seconds then died. Its definatley the electric movement not working, not sure about the heating bit but guess that isn't working either.

have checked the fuse (10amp) and it was fine, it had blown the 1st time, changed it and still nothing works?

am about to take the seats out again, already checked the wires underneath and all was fine

what is fuse number 10 for, in the slot on the fuseboard in footwell?

just checking everything and this one is a 10amp and has bloated up and melted, the wire inside is just intact but all white and warped

:brickwall: silly me, i found out it was for foglights when i suddenly remembered its printed on back of fuse box cover :lol:

still can't get the seats to work, i've found out the heating works, as i can hear a relay click when i turn them on, so its just the power functions not working :(

really annoying me now as i broke it

i haven't no, i think i need to buy some electrical test stuff, not one of my strong subjects.

Have u got a multimeter?

This one is less than £4 delivered and it's done me good for a yr so far!!

HTH

just been out to local homebase and picked up a test meter, will read the manual and see what i can find out.

The loom is simple - 2 wires, one positive, 1 negative so really easy to test.

Just a thought, if your Recaros are factory fit there should be a fuse holder on the loom which is clipped onto the top of the fuse box, probably worth checking.

i did find a little inline fuse, which was dangling around near the fusebox, that had previously blown, so i replaced it and i'm sure the seats worked for a moment after that. But now don't work.

will get out there later and lift seats up again to check wires. I take it i test the connection under the seat? do i unplug it or try and test it while trying to activate the seats?

To start with unplug the loom under the seats and test the piece that comes from the fusebox. You'll know then if the problem is the fuse box or seat end.

right i've got back on this at the weekend and found there is no power at the sockets under the seats.

its a nightmare to get to the back of the fusebox, last time i did loads of other wires fell out :lol:

does the power wire just connect to the back of it?

The earth is connected to the right hand side , if you take fuse box tray out get a torch look right up as far as you can see you will see a ring terminal of say 7-8 male earth spades the earth is attached there...

The positive is attached with a red plug single pin jobby on the right hand side of the fuse box as you look at it. Take it down and approx halfway down on right sue you will see a red junction box with allsorts connected it's one of those!

Ive got to say this fault couldn't be easier to trace as has been said before it is x2 wires red and brown.... With in line fuse....... No relays involved either.....

If yu get stuck matey pm me and give me your number il give you a call

nice one, i agree, it should be easy for me to find, i'm not even sure i've found the correct fuse anymore as the wire colours aren't the same as the ones that appear by the seat :lol:

nice one, i agree, it should be easy for me to find, i'm not even sure i've found the correct fuse anymore as the wire colours aren't the same as the ones that appear by the seat :lol:

The best thing to do is lift the carpet and follow the wires from the seat to the fuse box then either the inline fuse has blown or the live or earth is disconnected :)