emu

Emu's Corrado - THE END

what the hell kind of leads were they?!

Must be some cheap replacement. Already in the bin where they belong :censored:

They were from VW!! The reciept should have been there for them. I am quite shocked they were so rubbish.

They were from VW!! The reciept should have been there for them. I am quite shocked they were so rubbish.

No worries mate. I bought this car to get them back on the road in proper way.

They weren't Beru or Bosch or VW for sure. They had some different signs on them but can't remember what but they were very rubbish. Maybe You paid for genuine one but somebody fitted some fakes for You. Anyway... Newer mind. I'm very happy about the car, and fixing it is a pleasure for me.

got them from the VW dealers local to me, there were on a special order and meant to be genuine. I am just gobsmacked that they did not last very long as I remember them being over 60 quid :(

got them from the VW dealers local to me, there were on a special order and meant to be genuine. I am just gobsmacked that they did not last very long as I remember them being over 60 quid :(

Shame :( New Beru on the way :)

Fitted today new NGK Platinum plugs and Beru leads. Car runs on 6 cylinders without problem :)

Last checks on Monday and car is ready for MOT :)

leadsandplugs.jpg

It's amazing what a structurally sound set of HT leads will do for an engine ;) Glad that turned out to be an easy fix and good luck with the MOT!

New alloys. Keskin KT5 17 x 7.5. I've never like them to much but look quite nice. I needed some 17 alloys to check if I will manage to fit my future brakes so they are.

Now need some coilovers

keskin.jpg

Fitted my unbreakable bonnet release cable bracket. Did similar thing to my first Corrado more than 5 years ago and still works :)

bonnetreliese.jpg

funnily enough i was thinking about how to make my bonnet cable bracket unbreakable again! good work!

Everything was done for MOT so today checked everything one more time and found a problem :( N/S front wheel bearing had very little playing, probably it would be only advisory but replaced all rears and O/S front so decided to do this one as well. Problem is that MOT is on Wednesday and today is a bank holiday so everything is closed and I have no bearing to replace. Was in dealer but the didn't have any in stock but I can't wait till Thursday for order. I hope to get one tomorrow, if not I have to rebook my MOT as everything is dissembled and waiting for new bearing.

leftbearing.jpg

This time I was prepared and had bearing separator in my tool collection.

bearingseparator.jpg

good luck for the MOT mate, VW usually get parts in quite quickly if youv ordered it already.

lookin good btw :thumbleft:

It's only my fault :(

- Front wheels fitted on wrong side, left on right, right on left :epicfail: (already fixed)

- Slight playing on rear n/s bearing - need tighten, can't understand because was checking everything 3 times and was fine, but after few miles driving wasn't :( (already fixed)

- Slight playing on front n/s top mount - same problem as rear bearing (already fixed)

- The worst, I've put my jack by mistake under rear brake regulator snapping bracket of the rear beam. It's need welding but due to not heaving tax and m.o.t can't go anywhere to weld it, my m.o.t station don't have a welder at all. Used welding glue which works very well on my exhaust bracket. I hope it works this time as well. As soon it pas I will get it welded properly.

you can drive it to have it welded with no tax/mot provided you ring and book in advance, might save you a bit of hasstle mext time.

you can drive it to have it welded with no tax/mot provided you ring and book in advance, might save you a bit of hasstle mext time.

I know I can drive for M.O.T but I didn't know I can drive to garage to do some work.

I know I can drive for M.O.T but I didn't know I can drive to garage to do some work.

Well i mean you are driving to get it sorted for mot right?

If anything why dont u book it in at a garage that can do the welding too that way you get to drive there without any probs, thats what i did!

you are allowed to drive it to and from an approved repair centre provided it is prebooked, is pretty much how its worded.

if it needs welding a place that does car welding is fine.

although your insurarance is invalid in most cases for these journeys.

Well i mean you are driving to get it sorted for mot right?

If anything why dont u book it in at a garage that can do the welding too that way you get to drive there without any probs, thats what i did!

I could do this but I've done M.O.T few times in this same place and this time I don't have to pay for retest so will be back there. If The welding glue won't help I will book a test somewhere else where they do welding.

As far as I know I can only drive on booked MOT test and back home, that's all. I cant drive to garage to get something sorted. That what I was told by DVLA but maybe something is change.

wooop woop congrats!.. time to drive it now then! :D lol

Exactly my thoughts!!

Can i ask why u decided to go from the 1.8t to the Vr?

Can i ask why u decided to go from the 1.8t to the Vr?

Because I never had VR6 Turbo and that's what I'm going to do :) and I love vr6 sound. VR6T will be there in future :)

congratulations! shame you didnt have any luck selling the other one but it will be handy to keep spares from it and this one will be awesome instead!! :)