Sign in to follow this  
V-Dubstar

Finding the constant live wire

After getting my headunit out of the car, it seems I must've pulled the constant live wire and broken a connection somewhere!!

It's a little bit of a mess in there, but I've worked out I have a little brown/red switched live wire, a brown earth wire, a white/red constant live wire (the one which is broken), and a blue/grey which I don't know what is! There is also a blue/white wire which has been cut which I can only assume is the spoiler/speed sensor wire I've read so much about.

Im wondering how I can find out where this connection break is, do the wires go into the bulkhead behind the glovebox? What's the best method of getting to these, glovebox out?

TIA

Yes, the blue/white wire is the speed signal for factory radios, the blue/grey one is the illumination wire for dimming the headunit's display at night (if the h/u allows). AFAIK, the radio power loom goes down, across behind the heater controls, across under or behind the dash clocks and thus ends up at the fusebox...So you might not strictly need to remove the glovebox, though it will give more light&access. I've nearly always pulled the glovebox when fitting or removing headunits because there's so little space behind the h/u in the corrado that the ISO's usually have to end up down the back somewhere!

Have you checked the fuse? Not taking the p*ss, I'm sure I had the fuse go on me during a bout of stereo swapping a few weeks ago!

Yes, the blue/white wire is the speed signal for factory radios, the blue/grey one is the illumination wire for dimming the headunit's display at night (if the h/u allows). AFAIK, the radio power loom goes down, across behind the heater controls, across under or behind the dash clocks and thus ends up at the fusebox...So you might not strictly need to remove the glovebox, though it will give more light&access. I've nearly always pulled the glovebox when fitting or removing headunits because there's so little space behind the h/u in the corrado that the ISO's usually have to end up down the back somewhere!

Have you checked the fuse? Not taking the p*ss, I'm sure I had the fuse go on me during a bout of stereo swapping a few weeks ago!

That's brilliant mate, thanks a lot! :grin:

Lol, no offence taken Im the kinda person u need to tell about obvious possibilities!! But alas, although not the 1st thing I checked (lol), i did check the fuse.

Thanks for the info mate, appreciate that!! :salute: