Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Volkswagens crazy parts prices

Admittedly not on a Corrado but can't believe that people actually pay the inflated prices.

Needed a new rear brake caliper for the 4Mo - £138.00 + VAT

Witha bit of shoppinbg around I have a new caliper, pair of rear discs and rear pads, all OE equipment for just over £100

I bought a new coilpack late last year for about £70, trying to remember where it was from but really good service

£189-00 + the dreaded for a coilpack lol. POO! looks for second hand unit :)

My original OEM CP from Telefunken [looked like the original 1995 one] became suspect & I replaced with a current OEM CP. I noticed that it was made for VW by BERU and that several guys were advertising BERU kit [claimed to be genuine OEM] on ebay at seriously cheaper prices.

BERU have their own website which advises on retail outlets.

Worth a punt?

Front ABS sensors.

Volkswagen Dealer = £61 each

German & Swedish = £16.75 each

'nuff said... I saved almost £90 on the pair I bought today. Same Bosch part.

Front ABS sensors.

Thats interesting to know, I'm in the market to buy one of these. Nice one :salute:

shame i didnt write it down, but i asked about an inlet manifold for a g60 and was highly unimpressed to be told in the region of £540 :shock:

Not sure if a mates got one in his shed. I'll ask and let you know if he has if you still need one.

Some stuff from the dealers is just a ridiculous price but then sometimes they surprise you with how cheap it is and I've even known them to be cheaper than GSF for some stuff. Saying that too I've got to go back to GSF tomorrow to take back a pair of rear brake cylinders that they gave me wrong ones of last week despite me giving them the reg number of the car they were going on. Highly annoying when you've got the arse end of the car up in the air.

Front ABS sensors.

Thats interesting to know, I'm in the market to buy one of these. Nice one :salute:

I picked up a front one on the bay last year for just under £10 - can't recall the markings on it except they were identical to those on the one that came out! Works fine!

I've always used places like German & Swedish, Euro Car Parts and independent VW parts dealers like Volksworld in Preston and never had problems with the quality of parts. Having said that I haven't had a performance VW and so perhaps the parts aren't quite as critical.