Sign in to follow this  
carter711

Can anyone shed any light on these 16" BBS wheels? Pics

I got these wheels a few weeks back to put on my Corrado, I have never seen any like them on a Corrado before.

They are 16" 5x100 BBS 'Pininfarina' wheels, they have a 1993 production mark stamped on the back. I have pictured them next to the speedlines as a reference of scale and style.

I bought them because they look similar to Speedlines but they fill the arch a bit better being 16". They need a good refurb but when they are tidied up I am hoping they will suit my car quite well, I've included a pic of my car, just for the hell of it! :D

Does anyone know anything about them? What car were they meant for?

The wheels currently on my car are 1994/1995 17" ABT wheels made by O.Z, I got them last year and over the summer refurbed and sprayed them gunmetal grey. I may be selling these once I've put the Pininfarina BBS wheels on.

'Pininfarina'

wasnt he the bloke who designed the fiat coupe? went on to bmw after i believe.

think you need to see where he was working then. or wheelwhores

Chris Bangle designed the Fiat Coupe whilst he was at Pininfarina before he went to BMW and inflicted his "flame surfacing" on them

Nice wheel and I have certainly never seen them before

It seems they were standard on US VWs then? I wonder how a set got all the way over here! It's strange that they have Pininfarina on them as they are an Italian design house and as far as I'm aware have never worked with VW?

I'm hoping they will look really good in a OEM+ sorta way!

Plus with the 45 profile tyres will give a btter ride than the 17/40s I've got on at the mo..

The pattern of the hollow back is just like the pattern on the front of a 997 turbo wheel, it took me a while to realise where I'd seen it before!

Chris Bangle designed the Fiat Coupe whilst he was at Pininfarina before he went to BMW and inflicted his "flame surfacing" on them

Nice wheel and I have certainly never seen them before

pininfarina is the styling house that do all ferrari's

nice rims dont see many kicking about