Sign in to follow this  
Rob_G60

Driveshaft issues

Hi all

little bit of background, i had VR6 hub conversion on my G60 a few years ago, i had a issue with my driveshaft a few week back, i brought another one and my mate built a good one out of the two there was a dent in the one we built now it started knocking today so iwhipped it off and seen this, where the dent was its split

22368_492663710507_553540507_113840.jpg

would this cause it to knock

im gonna start all over and get newish ones, to build the drive shaft will i need a G60 one and a VR6 one to make it fit mine

any help would be great

Rob

Right i have replaced the Gearbox side of the driveshaft the bad knocking noise has gone, but i now get when i put my foot down it feels like the wheel is wobblingi checked it all and all is on and bolted ok :shrug:

does anyone have any idea what it could be??

are you sure the outer splined end of the driveshaft bolted into the hub is in good condition, likewise the gooves inside the hub, sounds like something is wron or badly fitting. IIRC some of the VR6 hubs have a differnt kind of axle end which requires gluing into the hub?