Sign in to follow this  
muppetlab

Flexible filler advice needed

After an incident with a wheel arch and tyre at a multistorey car park my wing has cracked on the arch edge and is sharp and needs tidying. It was bent under the arch and had to be pulled/hammered out so is a bit bent to say the least. I was going to fill it and had some rattle cans made up but am trying to decided if it would be best to use a fibreglass resin for strength or to try a more flexible filler so if the tyres rub again it does not just crack the filler off. Any advice would be good, i have a huge tub of easy sand upol from a camper project but wondered if theres a really flexible body filler available. cheers :D

hi,if i read the post right, you have a crack in the wing on the arch section. you dont need a flexible filler even if there was one, the wheel caught the arch and will most likely do so again at some point, seeing as the wing edge needs repairing anyway, i would be tempted to roll that part of the arch out of harms way then get the crack welded up, then you can do as you wish with the paint side of things. If you were to just fill the crack it will either start to bubble due to moisture trying to get through from behind the crack. or it will just crack again, both of these will occur within a very short space of time. the best thing to do really is get it welded up its only a small crack and a decent bodyshop would do it for pennies. plus you save a load of time and grief.

si