Sign in to follow this  
Lee1873

central locking issue

Ive just stuck a brand new door handle on my 94 VR due to the central locking not working from the drivers door, works fine if I use the passenger door & locks the drivers door & boot no problem from there.

So I had a quick look @ the handle in the drivers door & discovered a broken wire right where it enters the handle, OK least I know whats wrong I thinks & promptly buys a new handle & fits it this afternoon to find its not made any difference :shrug: :pukeright:

Can any of you guys enlighten me as to what the problem may be?

Im assuming it cant be the pump or vacuum pipes as all the locking works from the passenger door as Ive said & being a brand new handle I would expect the switch to be working, what else can it be? Can I check for a live feed to the handle wiring maybe?

Its a 3 pin plug so again Im assuming theres a signal wire here & a live & earth possibly?

Please help as its doing my head in when I have to go for petrol or pick anybody up....

i know i've read somewhere about checking the pump in the boot is getting a signal from the handle, i think you can test the socket there

Woohoo fixed it :clap: :clap: :clap:

After doing a search & trawling through the results for what seemed like hours last night I found this thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=77994

Went through the checks listed there & found I had no live 12v feed to the the locking system on the drivers side, so I probed the live wire with the multimeter @ 6" intervals & found a break in it almost straight away, stripped all back new bit of wire soldered in & jobs a good un!

Big thanks to Yandards for the write up contained in the above thread, couldnt have done it without knowing what to look for, simple when you know how :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: