Sign in to follow this  
Scott-mk3

20vt corrado conversion pointers

So after reading through all the "definite 20vt" i havent quite got the questions i wanted answered as seems alot of you go for the qpeng route.

Just a few questions relating to me doing the 20v conversion. Firstly ill be doing it all myself or mates who are into vw's. Done a few vr6 conversions already and not worried about getting stuck in but looking to clear a few things up before getting started.

Im going to keep my box from the kr engine and bolt that straight up to the 20v,will the shafts be alright with this power wise as compared to vr shafts im used to the valver ones are tiny(thickness)?

Should i fit a vr6 clutch and g60 flywheel?

Regarding wiring i do not want to use qpeng and want full oem management. Looking to see if anyone has this running?

I want to run a cable throttle and not wanting to mess about with the pedal box,is a certain engine this setup or can throttle bodies be changed?

Radiator wise what should i change it to? g60? vr6? will i need a slam panel to change the radiator into or will it bolt to valver slam?

I have a few options for engines at the minute so looking guidance which may be the wiser route. Currently 2 mk4 golf engines agu 150bhp versions or also have the option of a tt engine 225bhp.

I know ill need the engine,loom,ecu..what else so i need?

I see alot have fitted solid front engine mount? this the way to go?

No doubt have a few other questions but shall start off there.

Cheers in advance