Sign in to follow this  
Kev_VR6

Cause of Leak?

Hi all,

Me and my dad have been working on the c all week trying to get the seats refurbed and the manky carpet replaced. The carpet had to come out coz it stunk of musky dampness due to the heater matrix going before I got the car :pukeright: . It has been repaired but the floor was still wet and car kept filling with condensation.

While everything was out we had a good look round and came across this hole through the bulkhead in the passenger footwell area. It's about 28mm diamater. I'm sure it must have a grommet in it or something as it seems strange that everything else round there is well seeled. If there is a grommet missing does anybody know the part number and if they're still available?

IMG_0076.jpg[/attachment:1vdql3o9]

We've replaced foliage cover seel and left it for a few days in which time there's been a fair amount of rain and we've ran the hose pipe all over the car and nothing seems to be getting in.

Wanna get the new carpet in but only once i'm sure there's no chance of a further leak

Thanks for your help

Kev

I'm having problems with water in the passenger footwell too - but it seems to be coming in via the door seal.

I have the carpets out, so I'll have a look and see if I have this hole as well.

Thanks John, think most of the water is coming in through the windscreen seal, found a puddle later on after using the hose pipe to try and find it,took a while to work its way in though. Im sure the hole should be blanked off somehow.

Sorry to be so tardy replying to this - my car has two holes in this area. Both are now fitted with grommets, but one of them was just a hole with a wire for the alarm system through it. Whether it originally had a grommet or not I have no idea, but if it were me, I'd fit one and remove another possibility of water ingress.