RadoVirgin

My first Vr6

I too had a set of FKs which were nackered when I took them off my VR (really dont rate them at all) and I sold them on ebay (with a completely honest description and a ton of photos to show any damage) and got £100 odd quid for them. Just make sure your'e completely honest with description so as not to disappoint anyone and then get saving for the rest!

Thanks for the advice Steve and I'm going to do just that as they must be worth something. I've just paid for the Weitex TX coilovers which have done about 1000 miles so they should be arriving by wednesday so that I can get the car back on the ground. They have polyurethane top mounts included so the ride is going to be pretty harsh for fast road but I have a feeling that it'll be worth it!

nice motor mate, good to capture those shocks before they deteriorated further at least. i just painted my manifold and covers black and was wondering what they'd look like - now i know, pretty damn good :)

Well the engine is all back together and started first time which was great until I noticed the larger amount of fuel running onto the garage floor. Turns out one of the o-rings on number 6 injector wasn't seated properly!!!!!!

So today I've taken the upper inlet manifold off as well as the fuel rail and reseated the o-ring. About 40 minutes later it was all assembled again and the car is running great and with no fuel leaks.

All I need now is the new Weitec Tx's so I can get the damn car back on the ground!

This is how it looked before with what like hand brushed hammerite in all visible places:

IMG_0853.jpg

This is the bay now

aa2daf35.jpg

e0afda05.jpg

I'm in the process of putting together a heatshield and support assembly for the k&n induction kit probably out of sheet titanium I have in the shed left over from when I did a repair on a Merlin Helicopter Engine Firewall a couple of years ago.

Just need those new coilovers to arrive so that I can sort the stance out!

Yippeee my weitecs have arrived! All I have to do now is clean them up and get them fitted. Probably going to be Monday now tho as I'm taking the family to the btcc this weekend

b9367eb9.jpg

Spent yesterday fitting the Weitec Tx's and all went well, the car is back on the road and feels so much better. Managed to adjust the stance a bit but i'm going to have to make a few adjustments on friday.

25532eea.jpg

6a5b9c79.jpg

I'm now toying with the idea of smoothing the number plate recess and relocating the numberplate but it'll hae to be on a different bumper as I'd like to be able to change it back if I don't like it

Good effort with the LED's. Was it hard to do? Personally I prefer green in the Corrado simply because it's period 90's. But you've done a good job there. I'm considering replacing mine but with brighter green ones.

What's that display in the drivers left vent?

The car looks lovely, especially under the bonnet. And I love the wheels.Not mad on the sticker in the window though.

Yeah the car tends to turn heads, the bodywork is VERY shiny but is starting to show it's age with stone chips and the mandatory rust on the front arches but I'm saving up to get all of that sorted.

I've managed to convince my wife that rather than recon the vr6 engine that it's more sensible to drop in an r32 engine! Happy times

Just came across this thread, how's the progress coming along? Looking lovely so far :) how do you find the 17x8s, do you have standard arches, any scrubbing at all?

To be honest things with the car aren't great, the front end is shocking! The car tramlines badly and pulls a little under braking which results in me driving conservatively as I have no confidence in the front end. So for this reason I'm going to take her off of the road in the new year for a progressive mechanical recondition. I can't afford the r32 conversion at the moment but I'm going to rebuild everything in prep for a new engine.

The 17x8 are fine on my car at the moment but my arches have been rolled. The only major issue with them is they don't clear the clippers without a 5mm spacer and once I fit new brakes they won't fit at all! For that reason I'm probably going to have to change the wheels which will involve spending many hours trying to decide which damn wheels to fit.