Andy-H

Andy's Valver

Hi Folks,

Just thought I would pop some pics of mine in here.

How I got it..................

Picture301.jpg

Picture304.jpg

And after.......

40mm Springs and shocks

8j Brock B3's with full refurb in Cream

Replacement drivers seat

replacement wiper mechanism

new brake master cylinder

New lambda

New discs & pads

uprated headlight loom

full stainless Milltek

Alpine headunit & amp

Badges sourced and painted Cream

Headlight protectors

new throttle body

Full service replacing leads etc.

A bit of Laminx here and there

Bit of tinting spray

and a lot of polishing I have this..........

rado013.jpg

rado014.jpg

rado009.jpg

rado012.jpg

rado011.jpg

So..........what do you think?? (awaits abuse)

Next up will be some wheel spacers and coilies to drop it a little more :)

Thanks for looking

Andy

Now fitted is a new drivers window motor (thanks Shaung60 8) )

Painted the calipers.

Polished inlet (thanks samthegram)

Wind deflectors.

And some more polishing :lol:

30410001.jpg

30410004.jpg

30410007.jpg

30410009.jpg

Next on the list is having the rear arches rolled (got a lot of rubbing going on :( )

Andy

I like it mate, cream looks good - glad to see my rear badge went to a good home ! Personally i like the slight tuck on the rims especially at the back, will look even better if you choose to drop it further.

Couldn't really explain to you about the cream..........I just fancied doing it. The wheels were purchased cheap as they were really badly kerbed so needed a refurb anyway. I like the style of wheel and also the little bit of a dish.

For some reason every picture I take of the car show the Cream a lot lighter than it really is :shrug:

The main thing is that it's something that I wanted to do and I really like it, I guess that's the one that counts :lol:

Cheers gregulate, badge was just as you described and means that everything that I've done can be reversed within the day. I will be dropping it a little more as the front seems to be higher than the back :confused4:

Cheers Ben :)

At least a couple of you like it :(

Well, not much to add really, replaced both wishbones and anti-roll bar bushes, a good clean up in the engine bay and left it parked in a field at All-types :lol:

Some really nice Corrados there 8)

A couple more pictures from the prep ready for the show.

Radobay008.jpg

Radobay007.jpg

Alltypesprep001.jpg

Alltypesprep002.jpg

Alltypesprep003.jpg

Alltypesprep005.jpg

On the search for some decent coilovers now 8)

Got a good deal on some FK coilovers so last night and today were spent putting these on 8)

Front is down around 75mm and the rears around 60mm

Also, a big thanks to farantino :notworthy: who sorted me out with a new external fuel pump, it feels like a different motor now.......pulls better in every gear and handles a treat :clap:

A few more pics for the haters :lol: (I had only put the front coilies on at this point ).........

Photo0087.jpg

Photo0091.jpg

Photo0093.jpg

really cool looking car, the green with the cream touches look very good. as i was reading down the thread i was thinking 'looks good but needs dropping' then wayhay, coilies fitted! job done :clap:

Got to love a tidy/clean engine bay! Looks nice bud, not my flavour on the wheels and badges colour but who cares what i think! :)

Adam

Cheers for the comments,

The Cream parts are very "marmite" it seems. However, when people see the car in the flesh they do say it looks completely different from the pictures (probably because my camera skills are little to none :( )

Maybe next year I'll go for a silver finish with the parts I have :shrug: .Then again, I might go with a different colour altogether :lol:

Andy

When you lowered the car the cream looked great!

It was a real lowering that was needed!!!

Cheers Wompa :)

I decided to remove the bump strips off the sides as they were different shades of grey :( ..............ooooops :shock:

Photo0115.jpg

Turns out that they've been off before, lots of screwdriver pry marks and some strange liquid plastic bonding stuff used. It was too late and they had to come off :pale:

Photo0117.jpg

Photo0116.jpg

Off to the bodyshop it went :(

3 days later and all is good again :clap: The haters will love what I've done with the roof :shock: :shock:

radochequered051.jpg

radochequered050.jpg

radochequered054.jpg

Andy

Well, been tinkering again :)

Was fed up of seeing the scabby old door handles and had seen some 'rado's with the early style Passat rears put on to de-lock them 8)

I wasn't a fan of the square style of the passat rears so I looked for something else :roll:

Ended up buying some ate style Passat rears that needed some modifying but I like the challenge of making things fit :nuts:

So, after some filing, drilling & tapping, along with a bit of masterful welding from a good Mate. These came off.........

Photo0191.jpg

And I have now got these on...... 8)

Photo0220.jpg

Now you see it..............

Photo0221.jpg

Now you dont :) :)

Photo0222.jpg

Just going to go out now and clean the 245,950 greasy fingerprints off the doors :(

Cheers Mate

Went a bit mad doing some drunk purchasing las weekend :(

Well, drunken purchases have arrived throughout the week (still more to come though :roll: )

To go back a little, the engine bay started out like this..............................

radobadgeless007.jpg

Now it looks a little nicer 8)

Photo0223.jpg

Photo0224.jpg

Interior update 8)

pics of flocked dash in and scooby seats fitted :salute:

Photo0345.jpg

Photo0350.jpg

Photo0348.jpg

Photo0346.jpg

New wheels are waiting to be refurbed and the roof vinyl will be removed this weekend

Ive got a thing for flocked dashes at the moment. Looks good. Never really understood replacing the standard seats as they do a good enough job IMO.

Cheers,

Seats were replaced as they were not comfy enough for me ( I broke my neck 4 years ago ) and was at the point of selling the Corrado as I couldn't get comfy in it.

After much sitting around in different cars, the Subaru had the comfiest seats in that was in my budget for buying and these in particular matched what I wanted to do with the interior 8)