Andy-H

Andy's Valver

Well, the other week I fitted black A,B, & C pillars into the rado to fit in with everything else I was doing. I also wanted to colour the headlining black to suit so it all came out :smiley:

My ghetto fix on the roof lining was 2 tins of satin black cellulose paint I had in the shed :evil:

Photo0379.jpg

While the roof lining was out I decided that I was going to try and get the sunroof to work :rolleyes: Oooops :sad:

Completely buggered it :angry:. I needed to get one sooner rather than later as the panel was just sat in the hole :shocked:

I had heard that the B3 or B4 passat estate moonroof was a near as dammit fit so I set about trying to find one of those as a rado one would be near impossible to find in good nick and the right colour :sad:

After failing miserably on many places to find one I heard of someone getting one out of a Mk2 seat ibiza....................so I bought one :smiley:

Photo0384.jpg

And it fits damn near perfect :cool: :cool:

Photo0385.jpg

Photo0386.jpg

Photo0387.jpg

Chuffed to bits with it :smiley:

Next weekend.................wheels :cool:

Edited by Andy-H

All looking very good bud. Quite a successful weekend then!!!

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah it was Mate thanks, the sunroof was only £25 so it was also a bargain compared to the Passat items!!

Just got to find some cheap lupo wiper arms now :-)

Yeah it was Mate thanks, the sunroof was only £25 so it was also a bargain compared to the Passat items!!

Just got to find some cheap lupo wiper arms now :-)

What a bargain-

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Looks stunning mate i actually like the cream wheels not sure about the badges tho but as i say each to there own

What did you use to clean the bay looks spankingly clean if such a word exists haha

Hi Mate, didn't have to cut much really, more a case of adding. I had to re-drill the doorwhere the screw locates, extend the striker plate and weld a small blob onto the mechanism so the handle would work with a tiny amount of movement. You have to get that bit right to make sure the door doesn't come open when you go over a small bump (I found this out the hard way !)

The other thing you have to do is cut a small groove in the extended strike plate so that it doesn't foul the window as it comes down as that can open the door for you too (again, I found this out the hard way).

I have taken them off again at the moment as there was an embarrasing moment with a flat battery :-(. I'm going to try and mate them up with some of those repair kits to see if I can use the standard catches.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Looks stunning mate i actually like the cream wheels not sure about the badges tho but as i say each to there own

What did you use to clean the bay looks spankingly clean if such a word exists haha

Cheers mate, the cream badges have gone now and the wheels will be off next weekend as they have been relegated to my winters now. the engine was cleaned using Autoglym motorcycle cleaner, sprayed on and agitated with a brush. Left for 5 mins to do it's stuff and then pressure washed off. Some more autoglym stuff was used (can't remember what it was called) and left on overnight to leave the sheen on it.

Looks brilliant Andy, I liked it with the Brocks on but the Borbets suit it a lot more, I think they go with the dark theme of the car a lot better.

Did the motor work ok mate?

Tom

Looks brilliant Andy, I liked it with the Brocks on but the Borbets suit it a lot more, I think they go with the dark theme of the car a lot better.

Did the motor work ok mate?

Tom

Cheers Tom, yeah, I'm really pleased with it. Motor worked great Mate. Only problem was so did my original. There are 2 fuses that are linked to the sunroof I have found so I now have a spare :-D

Oops...must have been that the old sunroof blew the fuses, maybe a bit stiff? I know who to ask if I need a motor though ;)

Cheers fellas ;)

Well, whilst waiting for a very important part to arrive from Germany that will hopefully cure the fuelling issues I've been having I decided to put this part on today that I bought of Samthegram.

Before.....

Photo0421.jpg

After...

Photo0422.jpg

Whilst everything was out I had a look at the less than impressive wiringin there. I spent quite a while repairing/soldering bad connections and bare wires in there!!

I pick the fuel accumulator up in the morning and hopefully get this car back on the road :)

Right, a bit of an update ;)

Got given a spare front bumper so the old mind started going :D

I cut the numberplate recess out, got the soldering iron out and melted it into it's new place 8) I then started applying some filler ;)

Photo0389.jpg

Smoothed it over and sent it off for a bit of a colour match

While it was there I measured up and made mesen a little bracket at work ;)

Photo0492.jpg

Then I got the bumper back today 8)

250315_10150210276115682_648860681_7148523_3035316_n.jpg

Took the old one off.....

246742_10150210302270682_648860681_7148646_1362089_n.jpg

And popped the new one on

255124_10150210410775682_648860681_7149797_4616019_n.jpg

You can just see the little bracket under the bumper.

And then spoilt it by putting the numberplate back on :(

247077_10150210427785682_648860681_7149914_1700388_n.jpg

Only 2x cuts and a burnt finger too 8)

Edited by Andy-H

Had the motor detailed by a local guy today 8)

detail1.jpg

Detail2.jpg

Detail3.jpg

Detail4.jpg

Detail5.jpg

Detail6.jpg

Shame it wont stay this clean :(

Cheers Matt, not sure yet. Got a lot of work on at the minute so I'm gonna have to decide closer to the time (not that I've got long :( ). You going to the meet on Wednesday??

Cheers Matt, not sure yet. Got a lot of work on at the minute so I'm gonna have to decide closer to the time (not that I've got long :( ). You going to the meet on Wednesday??

Cool mate, nah can't make Wed, sadly I'm in Austria for a few days! :)