Sign in to follow this  
Albie

Which polarity is window closure system?

Trying to set up a Hawk HA-64U window closure module. I think I'm right in saying that the Corrado, (Kreg 2.0L 16V), has its own closure system so it only needs a short trigger to this existing system from the new box to achieve full closure. If this is correct then I don't need to rig anything up to the window wiring directly, the existing setup does it all for me.

From there on in there are 2 setups shown, one with negative and one with positive triggering. They both have connections to 'Lock' and 'Unlock' with both of these being labelled with the polarity for that setup, [+UNLOCK +LOCK] or [-UNLOCK -LOCK].

Can anyone confirm which polarity applies to the Corrado? And while we are on, what the heck is 'ACC' which is the only other connection in these 2 schemes??

Thought this might help to make things clearer. It's the installation manual (haha!) for the unit.

AFAIK the corrado does not have it's own window closure system. I have full closure on mine with my Clifford alarm but had to have the closure module fitted to achieve it.

Edit: it also closes the sunroof.

AFAIK the corrado does not have it's own window closure system. I have full closure on mine with my Clifford alarm but had to have the closure module fitted to achieve it.

My vr closes the windows and sunroof when i lock the doors!

My vr closes the windows and sunroof when i lock the doors![/quote:w461w58m]

I tried to get mine to do this when I first got the car by just using the pulse signal but without any success. When I took it to the Clifford shop they told me it needed the closure module to work. Once fitted it closed the windows and roof.

VW tried all sorts to cut costs with the corrado, that's why you can't close both windows on the buttons at the same time, an extra relay was too expensive :roll:

Does yours auto close as standard or is it linked to your alarm system?

Difficult to tell. I had a different alarm module in it which went belly up a while ago. I couldn't use the car and mothballed it for a bit over the winter. When the other unit was working it certainly did close both windows and sunroof, and in stripping that one out there were no additional relays to remove at all nor any wiring to any.

I have details from the '93 Yankee wiring scheme from a Ruski site, (don't you just love the irony of an American version of a German car having to go Russian for info)? This shows the window control mechanism and I will admit, I thought the Corrado had the ability to control its own windows at least. This is not the best picture but should show enough detail to make it clear. Remember right and left door switches have to be swapped. I have a feeling that this unit only needs a trigger pulse and it takes care of the rest. But then again I have been known to be wrong in the past. (Not the sunroof though!)