Sign in to follow this  
supersix

Should i keep anything?

Hi Guys

Firstly id like to say hello, Im Pete aka R32pete from (uk-mkivs) i have a DUB addiction, My previous car was a Golf 4mo with a 3.2 from a TT coupled with the Rotrex 450 s/c kit, , Im now breaking this car,

I love the rado and thats why im here,

Im currently shopping around for a mint one and i think ive found it but my real question is should i keep anything from my golf for the rado? is there anything on it that would be easy to upgrade the rado with?

Im looking at g60's ive never driven one and all the ones im looking at are stage 4, would it be worht me dropping on the 3.2? or is it more expense that its worth? i like my handling and i know the vr6 lump even with 4mo is a recipie for understeer,

i have been trying to read up on it but my eyes ar hurting from trawling through forums, I would imagine putting the 4mo diff on the rado is a mission?

So basically

If you had a 4mo on your drive with a 3.2 ready to roack but a limited budget what would keep / transfer

Any tips / ideas appreciated

Many thanks

Pete

if you really want a g60 as opposed to a 6cylinder engine for the better weight distribution then i cant see there's much thats worth keeping from the golf.

however, if you consider that the 4wd transfer box will balance the weight out and it will all be a lot lighter in a C than a golf anyway, then keep virtually everything and swap it all over! if you're on a budget though then allow yourself a year to do it all :grin: there are a couple of 4wd 24v projects that have been done so the information is out there!