Sign in to follow this  
ade1882

Driver side electric window stopped working

My drivewrs side electric window has stopped working.

It stopped working then started again and now has stopped again, It still makes a clicking noise when you press the switch and the switch on the drivers side still operates the passangers side.

can anyone help?

My drivers window is the same as yours 2. There has been a thread on here about this very fault, but can't for the life of me find it. Think it may have something to do with either the motor or the window box thing behind the drivers side door panal.

Lets hope someone sees this and helps us both out.

Lets hope ... I blissfully hocked up a greeny the other day ... big mother fucker ... oh bollocks I thought, my window doesn't work! ... looked over at the passenger window, I was going too fast to take my eyes off the road long enough to make sure my aim was true ... didn't want a splattered interior ... pissing down with rain outside so the sunroof was a no go ... I finally resided to the fact, that I was going to have to swallow that fucker ... like swallowing a brain ... :gag:

Someone please help!!

my missus wasn't too impressed with the greener thing but if it keeps the thread at the top it's good for me. my sunroof only tilts so that wouldn't have been an option for me either.

I'm going to attempt to change the motor. does anyone know where i can get one? there are a few n/s ones on ebay but I'm guessing they're different.

The inside of the switches gets gunked up as well, so worth dismanlting and cleaning them.

my passenger side one is intermittent exactly the same as you described up until about month ago while i had door card off i was testing all the wiring and the control unit which is behind back door card drivers side and all wiring ok. in the end i hit the motor in the door with a hammer and that fixed it so i would guess that it is the same problem on yours. not that im suggesting hit it with a hammer but i now know mine needs new motor but not going to do it until it breaks again. been working fine for past month now.

it looks like you have to drill out rivets to remove old motor and then replace with a new one.

good luck and let me know how you get on if you do yours before me.

mark

Yeah the problem with mine is the motor, I bought one from the forum for about £30 ... Not fitted it yet but I tested everything else and everything else was functional ...