harryc

Remote central locking issues - rightclick?

Hi everyone. My vr has the original scorpian alarm system (as far as im aware) and im trying to get it up and running again.

The previous owner 'turned off' the alarm as it kept going off. Looking under the bonnet there's a siren and a key hole which corresponds with a mini key on my vw keyring.

The remote central locking didn't work either when i picked up the car. Having stripped the down and cleaned the fob and checked the battery the led now comes on when either of the buttons are pressed but this has no effect on the central locking still.

Would anyone be able to give me a bit of help with fault finding? Are the central locking and alarm connected in the sense that if the alarm is off, so is the central locking?

Does it matter that my fob isn't the same as the one pictured? I have the MPT 1340 W.T. Licence exempt model that alot of people have on the rado's?

Thanks for the link, just tried this and no luck :( would the siren/alarm being turned off effect the remote central locking?

Anyone got any ideas? Where would the best sort of place be to go to get it looked at/fixed? VW?

Thanks for the link, just tried this and no luck :( would the siren/alarm being turned off effect the remote central locking?

shouldn't do, even with the siren turned off you can kinda tell alarm is going off. Am sure indicators still flash etc

Does the central locking work with the key?

If so it's the alarm that's faulty and if not the C/L's faulty.

has the fob got a slider switch on the side, make sure that is all the way down or up and not sitting in the middle.

i had a load of head scratching just because i'd knocked that switch

Would buying a rightclick keyless entry kit solve my remote central locking problems? With these kits id assume you'd have to ditch the scorpian alarm system as its part of the fob? Im not good on electics/alarms so please excuse my ignorance!

Hi guys, still no luck with my remote central locking. How would i go about fault finding and trying to get it working again?

Central locking works fine, remote flashes, have tried syncing the car and remote but still no luck...any ideas?

have you tryed both keys to see if one is faulty? check battery voltage should be 3v check this, if this fails recode them to the control unit, find the unit, undo the black box 4 silver screws,inside there is a microswitch press this followed by pressing the key fob button,they will then recode to one another and start working again, let me know how u get on.

Thanks will definately try this? Where's the control unit? There's no problem with the keys them selves operating the central locking there's just no life from the fob

Bump for list of things to do for fault finding my remote central locking death! Done abit of searching, is the control unit a black box in the boot under the sidewall carpet? While I'm here I'm also having problems with poor radio reception and not being able to lock onto radio stations, is this likely to be a problem with my ariel?

Hi everyone. My vr has the original scorpian alarm system (as far as im aware) and im trying to get it up and running again.

The previous owner 'turned off' the alarm as it kept going off. Looking under the bonnet there's a siren and a key hole which corresponds with a mini key on my vw keyring.

The remote central locking didn't work either when i picked up the car. Having stripped the down and cleaned the fob and checked the battery the led now comes on when either of the buttons are pressed but this has no effect on the central locking still.

Would anyone be able to give me a bit of help with fault finding? Are the central locking and alarm connected in the sense that if the alarm is off, so is the central locking?

Can anyone help me? Still no central locking, i've found a box in the passenger footwell with the same markings as the fob. There are a series of mini switches on it and a plug identical to the one on the fob...any ideas?

I've had a 'remote' central locking problem recently - and found that there is an in-line fuse in one of the wires between the alarm contol box and the connection to the central locking wiring, Replaced the fuse and the Remote central locking is now fine.

My alarm is an after-market Clifford - which will be located wherever the installer decided. On mine its near the glove-box.