Sign in to follow this  
pummer67

drivers door

hi all. this evening i put my late door cards on and my door still opened and closed fine. when i went to get in my car again i couldnt open door from outside so tried inside as i have already done the repair on this ext door handle a few months ago but still would not open. occasionly you could feel the interior one slightly catching but not opening. after trying for a few minutes locking and unlocking i was going to leave it for the nihgt and worry about it in daylight. i locked my car once more to reset immobiliser and thought i would try door one more time.

to my relief it opened and hasnt failed once from inside again but only used a couple of times incase it happens again. it does open from outside but feels really stiff like it is going to break something.

what could stop both exterior and interior handles from working. could i have caught the rod that goes to inside when putting door cards on? i wouldnt think that the rod could affect the ext handle though.

any ideas as i want to repair this before it wont open again.

also is there anyway to open it if both handles fail?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

mark

It's probably the locking mech not quite unlocking, rendering the internal and external handles inoperative. it's probably just a bit sticky, good lube up with wd40 and an good excercise of the lock/unlock mech should sort you out - hopefully :lol: 8)