Sign in to follow this  
beavis

Proof of the pudding for X-flow G60

Can a G40 bolt onto a KR 16V?!? :wink:

*mad idea hatches...* :wink: :roll:

Anything grafts to anything with a little TLC LOL.... Ohh and angle grinder. Stu showed me the intercooler for the mutent, I said 'How you going to fit that!!!!?!?' . He replyed 'Whith the help of my friend the angle barry angle grinder!', 3hrs later it was on. The snow plough.

LOL... When I worked at the garage I learnt mechanic-ing at, I used to get all of the angle grinder jobs, 'cos I wasn't afraid of it... :twisted: My boss even let me cut the back suspension out of his one-of-a-kind RHD Porsche 912 when someone ran in the back of it and the torsion bar sheared off it's mountings... 8)

I don't plan on using an angle grinder on my engine though! :wink:

I don't plan on using an angle grinder on my engine though! :wink:

Nah.....the lump hammer is for precision jobs!! :lol:

Nah.....the lump hammer is for precision jobs!!

Don't forget the biggest screw driver you can find too.

Nothing campares to having to undo a pain in the ass bolt that can only be losened by the "cutting a groove in it a whack away" method.

Another favorite is chilling stuff in Liquid Nitrogen to shrink it.

I work in a Fracture and Fatigue lab, and I spend most days braking metal.

Is there much work involved fitting a g60 charger to a g40?

Not too bad a conversion. Needs a G40-G60 mounting plate (£100), g60 blower, Red top injectors. revised map in the ECU, graft in a 3bar map sensor to the ECU, longer charger drive belt, revised charger RS outlet to link to the intercooler. That is the bear essentials to get the thing up and running athough other mods are really needed such as a bigger intercooler etc to maximise gains. Got another G60'ed G40 coming out the stable soon.. this one with more refinement and power if all goes to plan... plus it will be mine :lol: :lol: .. bonus, a quick car I will not have to give back to a customer after making tuning it. LOL

What boost are you aiming for Beavis? My last full blend G60 makes 0,95 bar boost on a standard G60 engine. Would have been nice to see how much it would make on my Polo with toothed belts :evil:

Both Stuart's and Richies G60ed G40's make 24psi of boost, well manifold pressure, stu's has a flowed head and piper cam, Richies just a cam of a unknown origin. Those chargers on a G60 engine would make about 20psi on a G60 engine on a 65mm toothed pulley.

hahahaha marshall's laugh cracks me up. I saw you guys rebuild a G40 charger at the polo show last year, and marshall was doin sommit ot a g40. Kept makin that funny laugh. :lol: :lol:

LOL..ye marshall had blown an oil seal (that had had a rebuild perviously but NOT by ourselfs) while ragging about. I had some seals in my boot and the various people had the necessary tools so seemed silly for marshall to go home via the AA. I have to add though that i do not make a habit of rebuilding chargers in fields, I much prefer service stations in the middle of Germany on the way to a show LOL :lol: