Sign in to follow this  
Corrado Ben

2.0l abf meets kr fuelling woes!!

Evening all.

Bought a mongrel rado about a month ago was originally a 1.8 16v kr, however sometimein its past the engine has been swapped to a 2.0l abf(or so i'm told). I'm pretty damn sure it is a abf its definatley got a mk3 2.0l 16v gearbox, its a peach of an engine its been rebuilt with a metal hg, its got piper cams, and pulleys, but the only thing is its running on the original k-jet fuelling. Aswell as being sinfully ugly I think i'd gain more from the engine if it was running full abf fuelling.

So my question to you lovely vag loving people is what will i need to convert to abf fuelling and is this easy enough?? Any pics, links, hints and tips would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

If you go back to abf management your gunna have some trouble with the cams you have, iv heard alot that abf on k-jet is alittle quicker than standard abf, don't quote me on that tho, I've no proof, simply hear say. Has the ecu you have been chipped at all to realy benefit from the bigger cams? Or has the previous owners simply advanced the timing alittle. If you go abf managemnt with your current set up your gunna want it setting up properly on rollers.

Thanks for that link mate its very useful and makes it alot easier for me to understand what goes where and what does what. I'm gonna keep the k-jet and tidy it up, its going to mv developments to be setup on the rollers next friday and have any small wiring issues sorted. Then i will extend/shorten/clean and tuck the loom. Before cleaning and painting the engine parts crackle black. One small thing someone could tidy up though, see diagram below?

ABFENGINEDiagram.jpg

I appreciate the lettering is a tad on the micro size so i'll translate:

" My car has a short elephant trunk like pipe here, where should this pipe go? I assume its a breather for something as when the car is running condensation comes out of it"

"Which of these three is the water temp sender for the ecu and the instrumentation"

Also the thermocouple/switch thing that resides in the bottom of the rado radiator, should that have 2 or 3 wires going to the plug?

Thanks

Greg

From what i can remember the red crankcase vent plumbs into the airbox? (maybe wrong and no longer have my valver so cant go and check!)

You can get great results from K-jet if its setup correctly, i saw a 30bhp gain from having my fuel pressure and timing adjusted.