Sign in to follow this  
cliveyp

Whats it worth and how quick would it sell?

Wondering if i should sell before buying a house or keep it and see how long i can afford it for.

M plate VR6 in AquaBlue Pearl. T&T, 66k, FSH, one previous keeper, completely original and standard (even still has original dealer plates and tax disc holder!), good condition. etc etc etc.

See if i'm gonna loose much on it if i do decide to sell up.

I reckon you'd get a good price for the car, but there are a few VR's about, but not many low mileage ones... :)

Clive, keep it.

Unless you need the money for a deposit then just stick the rest on the mortgage. as a rule of thumb, every £1000 you stick on your mortage only costs you £5.30 a month....nowt really. so for the sake of around £30 a month you can keep your VR6.

id have it!!!! cos im looking for agood c right now

*mod edit - deleted your double TRIPLE post - Henny * :roll:

I see what your saying Paul, it's more the running costs and insurance that are gonna cripple me. We have a hefty deposit and know that we can afford it all to start with, but these things never go to plan. I have lots of thoughts for the car and would like to see them through, i'm just worried that i'll start to struggle and have to let it go for a stupid price (either because i need it to go straight away or because it really has depreciated that much). I'd like to think that at the moment i would make my money back on it, maybe a little profit, but i was just testing the water to see if this was likely.

Of course, if i decide to keep it then any donations of stupidly cheap suspension and wheels etc would be greatfully received!! :lol:

so what would you let it go for... put it this way id hate to insult you with a offer thats to low!!!

obviously you have a price that you would sell it for 8)

i have, but to be onest, i think it's probably i price that would get laughed at, but you know how it is when you're attached to something and you don't really want to sell!! :roll:

I think i would be looking over 7000 to be honest. I'll just wait for the torrents of abuse about it not being worth that now! :-P

I'd be interested for around the 5-5.5 mark - 7 is way to high though I have to say.

Where in the country are you?

i'm in Worcs. Just feel that it's this sort of figure that i would need to justify it going. Local Auto Trader has just had an M plate green one in it with 77k on the clock for 7500 too. Feel that 5-5.5k is a bit of an understatement when you see ones with well over 100k going for around 5000!! I knew i'd get some slating for putting that price though! :roll:

Well that price is to high! fo rme :cry:

but i have to ask and even tell you this just because someone else has a corrado in similar condition to yours in the trader doesnt mean it actually sold. they could never sell it and infact end up dropping the price which makes the car look even worse! selling a car is a bit like fishing!!!

you have to have the right bait to attract the fish and in this case 7.5k will only attract white whales!

Well that price is to high! fo rme :cry:

but i have to ask and even tell you this just because someone else has a corrado in similar condition to yours in the trader doesnt mean it actually sold. they could never sell it and infact end up dropping the price which makes the car look even worse! selling a car is a bit like fishing!!!

you have to have the right bait to attract the fish and in this case 7.5k will only attract white whales!

I understand this, i ain't no kid! I was just stating that there was one there for that price. That had no influence in the figure that i gave for mine. :-P That was just a price i gave when i consider the condition/mileage that it is in. The car is fitted with a Cat 1 Toad ai606, and is having a new air flow meter, top mounts, front tyres and a service in the next couple of weeks so would be absolutely top notch. At that price i may leave my ICE in too (£800 Alpine CD, PG amps, Infinity etc). If i seriously advertised this then i can't see that it'd be up for less than 6500. :roll:

didnt want to come accross as a W@nker or anything

6.5 sounds more reasonable but still out of my league 5.5k was the max for me!

theres also one on auto trader for something like 9-10k (cant quite remember), just because its too expensive for some people, doesn't mean its too much. and if its as nice as you say it is (which i'm sure it is) then you'll get that amount eventually to the right person, hold out mate, take no notice of messers :mad: :p :mad: :p

kuksool - you didn't come across as a w@nker don't worry.

Bigg60 - Cheers mate. I must admit, i did try the same with a couple when i was looking for one. A case of, this is all i've got so this is what i'll try and tell them it's worth. In most cases it didn't work. I'm gonna keep hold of her for now anyway, but if the right offer comes along i may reconsider.

Cheers for your help guys! 8)

Fancy swapping it for a MINT 60000 mile FSH 16v And some extra cash :-P That way you get to keep a corrado that is mint and still get some cash :)

tbh i wouldn't ask more than £7.5k for my 95N(december) 64k mile FVWSH classic green storm so asking £7k for an older slightly higher mileage (albeit very original sounding) lower spec VR is a bit steep(not too much dog's abuse there for you :wink: ).......ok mine isn't standard anymore but its just really coilovers and an exhaust thats the main differences between our C's( we both are the 2nd owners :wink: ).......i would say a more accurate price is £6.5k max and be happy enough with £6k even.............but as they are getting rarer you never know.......

I think around 7k is fine if the car is as spot on as you suggest. I was prepared to pay about that for a minter, maybe ask for 7 and accept 6.5. Below 6k is underselling IMO, unless you need to sell quickly. Of course this really should be a moot point though as you will regret it if you let the car go... ;)

i was working on the thought of them getting rarer to be honest mate!! I'm gonna keep the old girl anyway, i got a tuning mission to go on with it. to hell with the cost! :lol:

well i'll move this into the "common corrado question" section then......as at least you've seen sense and are keeping it :wink:

i got a tuning mission to go on with it. to hell with the cost! :lol:

Here-here!!! Go for it! 8)

Question is, how would i go about achieving an honest and driveable 300bhp? That is my long term aim if it's viable. Thing is, i need stuff that can be done in stages as i can't take the car of the road for any period of time and wouldn't be able to afford it in one shot. Starting with the cheap end, what stuff can you lot suggest?