Sign in to follow this  
scoot spanker

Supercharged VR

Hi,

i've got me a supercharged VR and I'm curious as to other peoples spec and output. It'll give me an idea as to where to go next.

I'm aware that there is a forced induction thread but that is a hell of alot of pages to go through in order to find the info I want.

Cheers in advance for the help

Scott

:wave: check my sig for specs. was pushing 305 bhp before I went obd2. no idea what it is now, round about the same i'd hope! it was also mapped on standard exhaust and no water injection so i'm sure with a compensation map i could have squeezed a few more horses out of it

VR6/OBD2/V9-F Stg 2/SP 263 cams/2.5" decat/SP water injection/Weitecs/Rear ARB/Mocal/Audioscape/Alpine ICE.

For your info Scott Stg 2 is 8psi

Ah yes, quite true, forgot about that.

Scott, what specs do you have on your charged beastie?

I've actually got a mk2 golf running a 2.9 Rado VR with a Vortech V9 stage 2 charger (8psi) with water/methanol injection.

The power is about 289.7bhp and I think it is around 240lbs of torque.

Hmm, there's not much further to go with a V9. Going over stage 2 causes belt tension issues. Apparently they don't take too well to charge cooling (pressure drops) so that kinda rules out a short runner too. Not really running enough boost to merit a compression spacer as you'll lose lots of low down power, but I suppose married with a Schrick intake it could work.

6 branch exhaust manifolds are meant to be good though.

But I'm thinking of selling and going for a Rotrex.

I'm surprised you're not getting a bit more out of it with the water/meth injection.