Sign in to follow this  
mike palin

1995 immobiliser problem

Hi all, I have a 1995 2.0 16v. For a long time i have had an intermittant problem with the immobiliser system, i.e. turn the key, she fires and then dies after two seconds, but it only happens every now and again. Now I apprieciate that many people have discussed this in the passed, but I cant find much info on exactly what components make up my immobiliser system. In an attempt to cure the problem in one hit I have just bought (from a breakers) a second hand ecu, transponder unit, key reader, key and ignition barrel all from the same car( Note: the ecu code matches mine!). Does it sound like I have bought every thing that could be causing the fault, and will these new parts from the breakers work striaght away once I have installed them all together?

I have also heard somwhere that the instrument cluster has something to do with the immobiliser. is this true or not & should i have brought this from the same car as well?

Please advise

Many thanks in advance

Mike

i would try and find the root cause for the immobiliser issue, first check your fuses, as on my 8v, the wing and immobilser run off the same fuse, then i would try your second key see if that starts the car ok, other probs are reader coils, and immobiliser coonectors loose,bent terminals ect.

the instrument clusters arnt involved with the immobiliser side of things, try this 1st , see how you get on.alex