Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

A1 Wheels (Wolverhampton) - highly recommended

Had the wheels on the Golf for twelve months and one wheel needing serious work due to an avoidance swerve that badly scraped one rim, the other three were OK but the original machine polished finish was looking a bit tired.

After a bit of searching around and looking for recommendations I plumped for A1 Wheels - saw examples of their work on split rims and repairs on badly mangled wheels and really liked their friendly attitude.

Decided not to stay with the polished finish, just don't think its durable enough and eventually plumped for a shadow chrome finish.

Picked them up yesterday and they are in better condditon than when they were new, the finish is flawless.

Service was superb, took the car there with spare wheels in boot, they changed the wheels over and gave me the option of them swapping them back for me or packing them up for collection.

Not the cheapest around but price included tyre removal, re-fitting, re-balancing and chrome valves.

look very nice andy, glad you've still got the golf, still have hopes of taking it off your hands one day!

No plans for selling it anytime soon - its just such a great all-rounder, slowly being tweaked to make it really mine, all red rear lights and SWG mirrors (aftereventually managing to find some flexible crackle black finish paint) being fitted this weekend, everything has to be fully and quickly reversible.

Next on the list is re-colouring of the front seats, already gone through the interior and every scratched / scuffed piece of plastic has been replaced with brand new items